Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  miketheodio : (07 May 2014 - 05:16 AM) robin lopez after the game 1 lost - with Houston, there wasn't that much pressure on defense and offensively, they focused a lot more on isolation game whereas San Antonio's swinging the ball' ugh
@  rockets best... : (07 May 2014 - 04:12 AM) amazing the difference a good coach can make.
@  Cooper : (07 May 2014 - 03:47 AM) It is only one game but definitely makes you wonder
@  rockets best... : (07 May 2014 - 02:51 AM) the Spurs are doing what we should have done......hang ten. we should have had so much foot up their butt their sh*t had footprints
@  miketheodio : (07 May 2014 - 02:42 AM) so is portland great or just okay. they are getting dominated by the spurs. rockets performance is embarrassing compared to this.
@  feelingsuper... : (07 May 2014 - 01:05 AM) What was his motto? "No excuses" which is kind of funny now.
@  feelingsuper... : (07 May 2014 - 01:04 AM) No matter how good one is or how right for the job one may be if you don't understand organizational politics someone above you will crush you. He knew he'd lost and went out kicking and screaming like baby.
@  rockets best... : (07 May 2014 - 12:16 AM) I think GSW will regret this move by this time next year. full of himself or not he was the right coach for them
@  feelingsuper... : (06 May 2014 - 09:12 PM) I think Jackson got a little full of himself. No matter how good you are at what you do you are going to have a boss. By all accounts he didn't grasp that.
@  rockets best... : (06 May 2014 - 08:42 PM) really bad move by GSW. depending on who they bring in could be disaster
@  Cooper : (06 May 2014 - 07:19 PM) Looks like Jackson is out of GS, he kinda got screwed they almost beat the clips without bogut.
@  feelingsuper... : (06 May 2014 - 05:27 PM) Harden ended up 5th in MVP voting, second year starting.
@  feelingsuper... : (06 May 2014 - 04:51 PM) I saw that, that's rough. Funny though.
@  majik19 : (06 May 2014 - 04:26 PM) Tmac tweeted last night that he had as many points and rebounds as Roy Hibbert last night.
@  08huangj : (06 May 2014 - 04:02 AM) Wow: Clippers are punishing the Thunder.
@  Cooper : (06 May 2014 - 02:45 AM) Not an exciting start to round 2
@  rockets best... : (04 May 2014 - 09:21 PM) they wouldn't be devoid of talent, but I think it would be 2 steps backward
@  miketheodio : (04 May 2014 - 09:18 PM) jonas, terrence ross, johnson, and derozan aren't terrible. lowry would be a hit, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
@  rockets best... : (04 May 2014 - 08:19 PM) the raps are back to square one if they don't resign Lowrey
@  feelingsuper... : (04 May 2014 - 08:06 PM) Spurs look like like they might destroy Dallas today.

Photo

The Red94 Podcast: Episode 43

61 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

New post: The Red94 Podcast: Episode 43
    By: rahat huq

In today's episode, I look back at the series loss and ahead towards the possible pursuit of New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony.

Listen to this episode
    Download this episode (right click and save)

#2 Rockets911

Rockets911

• Members
    • Pip
    • 41 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

...?

Edited by Rockets911, 04 May 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#3 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,423 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

good podcast Rahat. that McFail news was a real downer. I don't see a way to put a positive spin on that. McFail knows as much about coaching as I do brain surgery. he is clueless. however in the end you're right. no use in continuing to beat that dead horse. lets hope they find a good coach to hole McFail's hand. I guess that shift in plans means we are simply going to have to acquire a talent level that even McFail can't miss with. man the idea of that doesn't lift my spirits any. oh well.

on the Carmelo front. I disagree. I think we are the front runner as I predicted last year with D-12. Carmelo will not walk and leave NY like D-12 did the Lakers. when he leaves it will be via trade. of the two teams seeking his services ( Houston Chicago) both need to dump contracts to make his acquisition financially sustainable. Chicago has the upper hand because of their ability to use the amnesty clause, however using that alone won't get the job done. the new CBA has taken the advantages away from sign and trade deals for the players, but not for teams. if he is going to leave you can bet NY will be willing to play along..........why? I will tell you why....their coffers are depleted. they have few young players, almost no draft picks and no cap room. I know they intend to do most of their team building via FA, but you need a lot more than a star player to win and I think Phil knows that. I think last summer demonstrated how horrific not receiving compensation when star players leave can be. Phil is smarter than that.

will Carmelo opt out? I'm not to sure about that. Carmelo is greedy. he wants his cake and eat it too. he doesn't have to opt out until June 29th. if he can get NY to play ball there can be benefit for both sides. if NY trades Carmelo between now and June 29th the new team will have his bird rights when he opts out and will be able to give him his full pay with max raises on his new deal. NY can reel in young players and draft picks to get their rebuild underway. that's not what NY wants, but faced with the possibility of getting nothing that's going to look like a bargain to them. that also helps the two teams trying to acquire him. he got out of Denver without losing any money. I say he will attempt to do the same thing here.  

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#4 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,060 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

Carmelo is greedy?

What is your basis?

Why so Serious? :D

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,423 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

@TTDN

the way he handled his Denver exit

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#6 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,060 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

Try telling Dwight he's not a viable option. Lol. I agree, but I don't see how that doesn't DESTROY our chemistry.

Asik would need to go to a 3rd team like the Celtics for Green. That would give the Knicks a starting 5 of

PG = Lin/Felton
      SG = Shump/JR
      SF = Parsons/hardaway
      PF = Green/STAT
      C = Chandler/Bargs

That is a playoff team in the east depending on Phil's goals for next year.

We would have
      PG = Beverley/Canaan
      SG = Harden/Daniels
      SF = Marion or Aminu / Draft pick
      PF = Melo/Jones
      C = Howard/DMo

#7 Rockets911

Rockets911

• Members
      • Pip
      • 41 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

1. Carmelo wants to stay in Ny, but at the same time still wants to win. He wants to play for Phil Jackson as well. The catch is that Phil is not coaching. Steve Kerr will be the next head coach and the story that Melo and Phil had dinner and talked about Kerr coaching. Melo wasn't against it but he wasn't jumping for joy either. Melo has already said in multiple conversations he would take less, the money isn't that important but he's still Melo, Houston will have to pay 96 million max 4yr deal compared to 129 million 5 year in Ny.

2. Chances are, Houston has the biggest chance if you ask me to acquire Melo IF he doesn't resign in Ny. There's no way they want to let Melo go to Chicago and have to worry about not only Chicago in the next 3 years but you also still have Miami to worry about in the East. There's no way Phil lets that happen and would ask Melo to do a sign and trade with Houston instead. it's been said Houston is one of his options.

3. Lakers could flat out sign Melo, and with Dantoni gone, playing with Kobe and a lottery pick might seem intriguing. His wife Lala lives out in LA and is Hollywood as well so that factor is possible.

4. Rahat forgot to mention Parsons in the deal with Asik and Lin. There's NO way Ny does the sign and trade without Parsons. Plus I don't see how Houston is gonna have D12, Harden, Melo anddddd Parsons signed long term. So I wouldn't think for a second if Houston has Melo, Parsons is even a Rocket anymore.

#8 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 3,423 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

@TTDN

if NY and Houston make a trade with a third team involved NY will probably keep Asik and ship Chandler. even though Asik will make more next year he will show less on the cap saving NY luxury tax money and cap room. there is a 6 million dollar difference in their cap figures.

@Rockets911

I agree NY will push for Parsons. I also agree a team that has D-12, Harden and Melo can't afford to pay Parsons likely making him part of any deal

#9 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,060 posts
        • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

Too injury prone with a 15 mil cap hit. No market for him.

#10 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,015 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Might not be able to afford to keep parsons but it would make sense to play hardball with the knicks and just offer them a first, then sign and trade Parsons after the season for a mid tier sf and pick or something. If they had to have Parsons could the rockets decline Parsons option this summer then sign him to a 10 mill or whatever a yr deal? be able to send just him and Jlin for for melo. It will be interesting to see if Miami wins the title or not, if they lose Bosh will be available which would be ideal. 

#11 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 3,423 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

@TTDN

Chandler may have an unfavorable injury history.......that's true, but the shortage of reasonable centers in the league pretty much means there will always be a team willing to chance it. his salary will be less of a problem because he will be in the last year of his contract and was healthy at the end of the season

#12 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,060 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm just saying that Asik would be easier to trade hence why I included him. Plus the Celtics have already expressed interest in him. Of course a team would bite on Chandler but they might have to take back crap like Gerald Wallace or someone of that ilk.

#13 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,060 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

Might not be able to afford to keep parsons but it would make sense to play hardball with the knicks and just offer them a first, then sign and trade Parsons after the season for a mid tier sf and pick or something. If they had to have Parsons could the rockets decline Parsons option this summer then sign him to a 10 mill or whatever a yr deal? be able to send just him and Jlin for for melo. It will be interesting to see if Miami wins the title or not, if they lose Bosh will be available which would be ideal.

JLin and a 1st for Melo? Not happening.

#14 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 3,423 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

@Cooper

that is a viable plan if we can manage to keep Parsons out of the deal and would allow us one more year of his services. however what makes a deal appealing to NY is obtaining Parsons. they already have a center and are probably lukewarm on taking J-Lin. to get them to absorb those contracts Parson is the linchpin

Edited by rockets best fan, 04 May 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#15 Rockets911

Rockets911

• Members
          • Pip
          • 41 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

Too injury prone with a 15 mil cap hit. No market for him.

Injury prone? He played 77 out if 82 games trying to do everything. He has the same torn labrum on his right shoulder that he tore in 2013 on his left shoulder that would be fixed pretty easy. I'm not a Melo fan per say but I can say any any analyst could say he's UNGUARDABLE, second best to Durant, and Harden ain't even close to Melo scoring wise. Lebron would want no part of Melo when it comes to guarding him.

Edited by Rockets911, 04 May 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#16 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 3,423 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

@TTDN

I agree Asik is easier to move, but Chandler will still bring a nice return for NY IMO

#17 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,060 posts
            • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

Also if the rumered Dwight jumper is real and can be counted on for around 45% when wide open I wouldn't mind keeping our team the same it is for next year have Parsons be an UFA with a negligible cap hit, Asik and Lin off the books and court Lebron/Bosh/etc.... Hopefully either Jones or DMo steps up and mans the PF spot if not we have cap space. Giving Lin another offseason to improve and become better suited playing as a sixth man and seeing if Bev can play his style of defense and remain healthy(I wonder). I just don't want to mortgage our future giving. Second tier FA the max like ZBo(who I doubt will age well), or Monroe(poor defender), or someone like that.

The twin towers can work with staggered minutes if one of those two have a jumper, IMO

#18 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,060 posts
            • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

Injury prone? He played 77 out if 82 games trying to do everything. He has the same torn labrum on his right shoulder that he tore in 2013 on his left shoulder that would be fixed pretty easy. I'm not a Melo fan per say but I can say any any analyst could say he's UNGUARDABLE, second best to Durant, and Harden ain't even close to Melo scoring wise. Lebron would want no part of Melo when it comes to guarding him.

I was talking about Chandler

#19 Rockets911

Rockets911

• Members
            • Pip
            • 41 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

I was talking about Chandler

whoops my fault. That's true

#20 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 3,423 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

@TTDN

I don't want Lin here under any conditions next year. it's time to cut bait with him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users