Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  08huangj : (01 May 2014 - 05:53 AM) In China, we watch the NBA games in the morning, when we work. Happens that every year on May 1 to May 3 there's a 3 day vacation.
@  08huangj : (01 May 2014 - 05:52 AM) I'm superstitious. Every time I watch the Rockets games, they always win. But when I'm busy with my job and check it with my computer, they always lose...
@  RocketMansin... : (01 May 2014 - 04:51 AM) Also got to give credit too Bev playing with a 101 fever is insane.. 2 degrees higher and he is in the hospital
@  thenit : (01 May 2014 - 04:36 AM) Good bounce back game
@  RocketMansin... : (01 May 2014 - 04:28 AM) Proud 2 get 2 watch the Rockets for atleast 1 game... They can do this!
@  RocketMansin... : (01 May 2014 - 04:27 AM) I gotta give credit when credit is due... I know I was dawg'in J.Lin the other day but he really came out and played his butt off!
@  miketheodio : (01 May 2014 - 04:26 AM) lin, asik, howard, bev, parsons at least for trying to get the ball moving
@  RudyT1995 : (01 May 2014 - 04:24 AM) Good night all!
@  RudyT1995 : (01 May 2014 - 04:23 AM) Game 6 is gonna be a dog fight. If we can bring it back, Game 7 will be a blow out.
@  RudyT1995 : (01 May 2014 - 04:22 AM) Asik deserves a lot of credit too. 15 boards, some killer screens to free up Lin. LMA goes 3-12.
@  thenit : (01 May 2014 - 04:21 AM) Phew ok just need to bring it back for game 7
@  miketheodio : (01 May 2014 - 04:20 AM) and an isolation to an airball. whatever. dwight saved our butts. i luvs u d12.
@  RudyT1995 : (01 May 2014 - 04:20 AM) One and One. We Can Do It!
@  miketheodio : (01 May 2014 - 04:16 AM) still not sure about that. did isolations with harden before dwight. would call off screens from asik.
@  RudyT1995 : (01 May 2014 - 04:15 AM) Harden plays DDD!
@  RudyT1995 : (01 May 2014 - 04:14 AM) He's an amazing defender though.
@  RudyT1995 : (01 May 2014 - 04:12 AM) DH is too stubborn. He wants to post-up, not PNR.
@  miketheodio : (01 May 2014 - 04:10 AM) plz run PnR. plz for the love of zeus.
@  RudyT1995 : (01 May 2014 - 04:10 AM) TJJJJJJJJJJJJJ
@  Cooper : (01 May 2014 - 04:09 AM) parsons form is so bad. why is he fading away on wide open shots?

Photo

The Red94 Podcast: Episode 42

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

New post: The Red94 Podcast: Episode 42
    By: rahat huq

In today's episode, Forrest Walker and I discuss the ramifications of a Rockets first round playoff loss.

Listen to this episode
    Download this episode (right click and save)

Subscribe to The Red94 Podcast on iTunes

#2 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
    • 1,841 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

I laughed a little when Forrest mentioned Popovich as a desirable replacement for head coach.

#3 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,351 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

OFF THE CHAIN.........I love this podcast. great job guys. Rahat you and me are right here ( got the peace sign up doing the thing between your eyes and mine :lol:)  I totally agree with your line of thinking at this point on all things Rockets except of course the D-12 in his prime thing ;) 

JVG would be my choice for next coach. may be tuff to get him out of the broadcast booth, but he is exactly what this team needs. Forrest I agree late game execution seems the be our most glaring fault. the leads we cough up on a consistent basis are disturbing. I do believe we still have a chance in this series simply because we have far more talent than Portland IMO, however we are going to have to do something that we have not done up to this point......................play like a team.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#4 uojoe82

uojoe82

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 59 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

" I think collectively our role players are better than Portland's"

Rahat Huq

Really? Parson, Beverley, Lin, Asik, Jones are better than Matthews, Batum, Lopez, Williams,

#5 miketheodio

miketheodio

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 302 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

agree with most of it. the only thing that stuck out to me was howard's post play. it's not great, but when you take it away in the 4th, neither are any of the other plays being made. i definitely think his touches should reduced by a couple to a few possessions, but how much is the inefficiency due to a lack of structure in the system?

#6 BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden

• Members
        • Pip
        • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

If the Bulls fire him (and we fire McHale), can we see a JVG-Thibs round 2?

#7 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPip
          • 1,318 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

" I think collectively our role players are better than Portland's"
            Rahat Huq
            Really? Parson, Beverley, Lin, Asik, Jones are better than Matthews, Batum, Lopez, Williams,

Hell Yes! Plus we have more. Daniels and Garcia has his moments along with especially demo. Houston is far better at drafting and building players too. I hope we get Greg smith back to fill that 3rd string C spot.

#8 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 999 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

Asik and jones are better than lopez, but Batum is a little better than parsons, Matthews is better than bev, And mowill beats lin. Daniels has had a nice series. Garcia and dmo haven't done anything. Overall I'd call it an even draw, the blazers have some guys that can ball.

#9 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,318 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

Just because demo and Garcia doesn't mean they're not good. Particularly demo would destroy any of their bigs off the bench on both sides of the floor. Our players in development are also far better while ironically they got rid of their D-league team and have basically no picks in the future.

#10 Steven

Steven

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 1,584 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:48 AM

Hell Yes! Plus we have more. Daniels and Garcia has his moments along with especially demo. Houston is far better at drafting and building players too. I hope we get Greg smith back to fill that 3rd string C spot.

Why would you waste a roster spot on a D-League C, with zero upside?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users