Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  blakecouey : (12 January 2014 - 03:46 AM) @Chai Jones has been as important as Harden and Howard this season, I love it.
@  blakecouey : (12 January 2014 - 03:45 AM) @Drew in Abilene I agree. Not how I planned on winning after the 25pt lead, but Ill take it.
@  Chai : (12 January 2014 - 03:32 AM) TJones really came through. Played solid D on Nene, and coming through with buckets and that block
@  Drew in Abilene : (12 January 2014 - 03:30 AM) Not a pretty 4th quarter, but a win while Parsons, Asik, and Beverley are on the bench makes me happy, even if it's a shaky win.
@  HazeWinkle : (12 January 2014 - 03:27 AM) lin played well made his free throws if misses them usally has a bad game. Howard couldnt hit babck to back free throws to save his own life 10 years and still can t make a 15 ft shoot. This team is young dumb and full come
@  HazeWinkle : (12 January 2014 - 03:13 AM) 160 million for 2 guys cant even hold a 25 point lead against wizards.
@  CanSayNOTC : (12 January 2014 - 03:08 AM) 3 points in 7 minutes. How is that possible?
@  thenit : (12 January 2014 - 03:02 AM) What's going on ?
@  thenit : (12 January 2014 - 02:30 AM) Did Ronnie just make a field goal? We might be 1-0 when he hits a shot
@  shuga : (12 January 2014 - 01:43 AM) Is it just me or does Lin play better leading a bench mob than he does with two all stars?
@  HazeWinkle : (12 January 2014 - 12:18 AM) @buccko andre miller can play at our pace i recall him leading the nuggets who have a similar fast pace approach. i keep telling my self that this is a young team, but man their defense is ugly. @rockettrick lin is a harden wannabe i mean dont need two hardens on this team.
@  blakecouey : (11 January 2014 - 06:07 PM) I agree that was a terrible pass, but I put the majority of the blame on Lin for not getting behind the line, and passing out of the shot(even though it was a bad look), with 1 second left.
@  rocketrick : (11 January 2014 - 01:25 PM) HazeWinkel loves AB more than Lin---didn't AB's errant pass in the last few seconds end the Rockets last chance for victory vs. the Hawks??
@  Buckko : (11 January 2014 - 06:24 AM) Andre would not be able to play our high pace game, why do you think he's always on the bench for denver.
@  HazeWinkle : (11 January 2014 - 05:22 AM) i would get andre miller in a heartbeat cause lin has regressed and i think brooks is better then lin.
@  feelingsuper... : (11 January 2014 - 04:06 AM) It sometimes crosses my mind that maybe if the Rockers picked up a scrappy old head like Andre Miller it would be such a bad thing considering the teams limitations.
@  Richards : (11 January 2014 - 03:34 AM) Brewer with 0 PPG filling in for Parsons with 17 PPG. Lucky we didn't lose by double digit!
@  feelingsuper... : (11 January 2014 - 03:25 AM) When Parsons, Asik and Beverly are out the bench will suffer. The first and second units haven't had a chance to build chemistry.
@  MrLobble : (11 January 2014 - 03:20 AM) remember when we thought our bench was good... whoa, they've been exposed lately.
@  shuga : (11 January 2014 - 03:18 AM) why did we experiment with him in the first place? It was clear after LA game it wasn't a smart plan

Photo

kevin love

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...-teammates-loss

who would you give up for kevin love at this point, who seems unhappy in minnesota at least a bit and is gotta be  threat for.

Is two 1sts, right to trade spots on a 3rd, tjones and Lin too little, too much for us...just wondering. If they wanted asik i'd give them that too, but i think they'd just keep pek and don't wanna pay asik 15 mil next year. Lin can shoot unlike rubio at the pg spot.

#2 RollingWave

RollingWave

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 491 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

For the money to work, you have to either move both Asik and Lin, or one of Harden / Howard to have any chance.

Assuming we're not doing the later. it is tricky on how a Asik and Lin combo would work for the Wolfs, who have Pek and Rubio. even if you like the Rockets duo more, you'd have to somehow move the Wolfs duo to make this work, which would mean a very complex 3 way has to be in the books somehow.

In short, it's rather unlikely to happen. The Rockets current roster lines up poorly with the Wolfs. Then again, it's not entirely clear who lines up well with them (the Suns I guess, but why blowup a good thing ), and if they're trading Love might as well be a huge firesale.

Like, if it's Okafor expiring + Bledsoe + picks, it be a considerably better package and fit than what the Rockets could do at this point.

Edited by RollingWave, 10 January 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#3 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 300 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

Don't need another big that can shoot threes.  We got it.

60e3448e-7cf5-4163-8e27-d818809bb5ae.gif

#4 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 842 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

Don't have the pieces to pull in a guy like klove.

#5 rm90025

rm90025

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 57 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

With Bledsoe's injury, Minnesota has a good shot at cracking the West's top 8.  Love isn't going anywhere. 

#6 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 300 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

Did you guys scroll too fast?  I'm pretty sure ive covered all of the bases here.

#7 Steven

Steven

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Casspi's reaction is priceless.

#8 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 135 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

For the money to work, you have to either move both Asik and Lin, or one of Harden / Howard to have any chance.

Assuming we're not doing the later. it is tricky on how a Asik and Lin combo would work for the Wolfs, who have Pek and Rubio. even if you like the Rockets duo more, you'd have to somehow move the Wolfs duo to make this work, which would mean a very complex 3 way has to be in the books somehow.

In short, it's rather unlikely to happen. The Rockets current roster lines up poorly with the Wolfs. Then again, it's not entirely clear who lines up well with them (the Suns I guess, but why blowup a good thing ), and if they're trading Love might as well be a huge firesale.

Like, if it's Okafor expiring + Bledsoe + picks, it be a considerably better package and fit than what the Rockets could do at this point.

i actually agree its not enough...but fyi the money works according to this...dunno how though...maybe espn is off? Isn't it 125 % plus 100,000?

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=ka75xgq

but yeah...i don't think we have enough without including parsons...which i think would defeat the whole purpose of improving our team. Alas, maybe Love would want to only come here (jk jk), and for the 8 seed comment later...the point wasn't where the wolves are at, its where love is at with his teammates. If he's not gonna re-sign they have to trade him, but yeah i'd take Okafor bledsoe and picks, or griffin, or some others over anything we got as minny. I mean the guy is 3rd in per...i'd trade griffin for him as LAC.

Edited by Losthief, 10 January 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#9 redfaithful

redfaithful

Rookie

• Members
                  • PipPip
                  • 83 posts
                  • LocationIsrael

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Hard to see this happen in mid-season, it would be much more relevant in the summer if Minny's season ends badly. Again.

#10 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPip
                  • 978 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

What we need is SG/SF perimeter defense and depth. 

#11 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,164 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Eric Bledsoe's season is likely over, so the Rockets trading for Bledsoe this season is over, too.

And as I have mentioned in prior topics and posts, Bledsoe is going to command a huge contract next season as he is an unrestricted free agent. Just not possible for the Rockets to pay both Chandler Parsons and Eric Bledsoe prior to the start of next season. So the hopes of the Rockets obtaining Eric Bledsoe for the long run is just an absolute pipe dream in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that it would be ridiculous to think the Rockets would even seriously consider trading Asik and Lin for a short-term rental of Bledsoe even if he happened to be fully healthy for the remainder of this season.

Edited by rocketrick, 10 January 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#12 RollingWave

RollingWave

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 491 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

you miss what I'm saying, I'm saying that the Suns trade that package to the Wolfs for Love, and the Wolfs extend Bledsoe etc.

That way, they tank really hard this year, and have Bledsoe + couple of first rounder (one likely pretty high) next year.

@lostthief : yeah your right, Lin + Jones works, thought Love was a little bit higher than that money.

Edited by RollingWave, 10 January 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#13 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPip
                        • 1,164 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

you miss what I'm saying, I'm saying that the Suns trade that package to the Wolfs for Love, and the Wolfs extend Bledsoe etc.

That way, they tank really hard this year, and have Bledsoe + couple of first rounder (one likely pretty high) next year.

@lostthief : yeah your right, Lin + Jones works, thought Love was a little bit higher than that money.

OK, sorry about that.

Still, unless the T-Wolves are ready to bail on Ricky Rubio as their PG of the future, I just don't see this.

For one, the T-Wolves are still in the hunt for a playoff spot this season which they need to keep Kevin Love in the fold going forward.

Secondly, as everyone now knows, Bledsoe is probably (although not yet official) done for this season so Bledsoe isn't going to have any (or much) impact going forward this season.

Lastly, are the Wolves ready to start decimating their youngsters and future draft picks for a 1-year rental OR commit to a major contract with Bledsoe when Love himself (MORE IMPORTANTLY) is due a major contract commitment at the end of next year?

I don't know, I just don't see it but I've been wrong before so let's just see what happens.....

Edited by rocketrick, 10 January 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#14 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPip
                          • 842 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Could play Rubio and Bledsoe together. Phx plays him with dragic. And Bledsoe is a restricted FA this summer so they could sign him long term.

#15 Incubus2803

Incubus2803

• Members
                            • Pip
                            • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

Omer Asik and d-mo to boston
                              Terrence jones to minny.
                              Boston sends jeff green and Brandon bass to minny.
                              Kevin love to Houston.
                              With picks exchanged all around to balance things out. But that's the salary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users