Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Opasido : (27 December 2013 - 04:04 AM) Refs were very nice to us at the end of the game
@  RollingWave : (27 December 2013 - 04:04 AM) we got through a pretty rough stretch of schedule about as well as I could reasonably expect
@  miketheodio : (27 December 2013 - 03:52 AM) A mental toughness win. Refs did seem a bit friendly though.
@  Chai : (27 December 2013 - 03:44 AM) 2 crucial rebounds from Lin yeeee
@  thenit : (27 December 2013 - 03:43 AM) will do wonders for his confidence
@  thenit : (27 December 2013 - 03:43 AM) I'm happy for dmo
@  2016Champions : (27 December 2013 - 03:42 AM) Ugly win, not sure if I should be happy about this but I am, we fought hard.
@  Chai : (27 December 2013 - 03:41 AM) Great team effort today. Really impressed with the team toughing it out
@  Chai : (27 December 2013 - 03:39 AM) Yesssss. Tech FT :)
@  Opasido : (27 December 2013 - 03:37 AM) Did Harden just break ZBo's ankles
@  Opasido : (27 December 2013 - 03:33 AM) Yeah I didnt know Dmo could defend like this. He's using his length and height advantage very well because he knows he cant out muscle Randolph
@  thenit : (27 December 2013 - 03:33 AM) Can't forget how jones carried us for the first 3 Qs
@  Chai : (27 December 2013 - 03:33 AM) Great doubles. ZBo's not the greatest at getting out of double/triple teams a la the Spurs series
@  thenit : (27 December 2013 - 03:31 AM) Seriously impressed by DMo defence on zack
@  thenit : (27 December 2013 - 03:29 AM) Will be a long finish with both teams in the bonus
@  2016Champions : (27 December 2013 - 03:29 AM) Harden is 17-18 from the line tonight
@  Chai : (27 December 2013 - 03:28 AM) Who'd win the nastiest snare contest. Randolph or Perkins?
@  2016Champions : (27 December 2013 - 03:27 AM) This is the Jeremy Lin I like to see!
@  Opasido : (27 December 2013 - 03:22 AM) LETS GO DMO
@  thenit : (27 December 2013 - 03:22 AM) so glad for the kid

Photo

I'm fine with last night

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 776 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

New post: I'm fine with last night
    By: rahat huq

Losses are never a good thing, but I'll honestly say, if you gave me the choice between a) a win and a down performance from Dwight and b) a loss and another huge performance like last night, in a game where we were already missing our starting backcourt, I'd take 'b' every time.  I say this because I'm still in that cautious phase where I'm expecting those monster games from last week to be proven a fluke and every additional night like last night pushes that chance further away from reality.  The prospect of Howard rounding into form (and becoming a dangerous post scorer) is so significant to this franchise's future that I don't want to jump the gun on a proclamation.

Last night bore out the same results as before.  Dwight did his damage in single coverage but when the mans brought doubles after he made his move, he struggled.  A few times, Dwight pump faked the pass, throwing off the help defense, but this was before he began his dribble.  His problem still remains the double after he's begun his move.  And I don't know how that can be fixed aside from getting him set closer to the hoop - any big man trying to dribble through that many arms in today's modern NBA is going to have trouble.

Michael Pina posed an interesting question last night, over email: is Dwight a top  5 player again?  At first, I was uncomfortable committing.  But when pressed, who's really better?  Lebron and Durant, naturally.  Chris Paul, possibly, though it's not as if his team has fared better than Howard's, despite better health.  Harden - no.  Paul George has been terrific, but also has been the beneficiary of a tremendous team scheme.  Pina says that over the next three years, the only players he'd rather have than Howard are Lebron, Durant, and Anthony Davis.  I'm leaning towards agreement.

#2 RollingWave

RollingWave

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 486 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

I would be fine with last light if last night didn't come on top of other baffling losses.

#3 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,111 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Dirk was great, but what really killed us were the open 3s we gave up to good shooters. My patience is growing thin with Jeremy Lin and his incessant need to over-help, I don't think I can continue to support him if he keeps this up. It's really an easy fix with anyone with half a brain, so I don't get why it's taking so long for Lin to figure this out. Maybe I shouldn't single out Lin, but the 3s he gave up to Calderón plus the 3 he gave up to Crowder in the corner really stood out to me.

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#4 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 196 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

"Pina says that over the next three years, the only players he’d rather have than Howard are Lebron, Durant, and Anthony Davis."
        NO KOBE?? #counttherings #vino #idontneeddwight #idontneedknees #idontneedtendons #impossibleisnothing #doinwork #paugasolbff4eva #mambaout

#5 Richards

Richards

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 348 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Dirk was great, but what really killed us were the open 3s we gave up to good shooters. My patience is growing thin with Jeremy Lin and his incessant need to over-help, I don't think I can continue to support him if he keeps this up. It's really an easy fix with anyone with half a brain, so I don't get why it's taking so long for Lin to figure this out. Maybe I shouldn't single out Lin, but the 3s he gave up to Calderón plus the 3 he gave up to Crowder in the corner really stood out to me.

I was pissed as much as all others are. But I won't blame him until I knew more. Which is over-helping is ordered by coaches or his choice.

#6 PKM

PKM

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 104 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

Pina says that over the next three years, the only players he'd rather have than Howard are Lebron, Durant, and Anthony Davis.  I'm leaning towards agreement.

The problem for me is well....the next three years.  So far this season, Howard has been amazing, and Lebron/Durant are the only players who I'd easily take over him.  But there's been plenty of talk about how well Howard in general will hold up as he ages, and the reality is that long-term thing is something which we can't know about at this stage.  And this comes from someone who thinks that basketball fans overrate youth in general. 

#7 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 3,111 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

I was pissed as much as all others are. But I won't blame him until I knew more. Which is over-helping is ordered by coaches or his choice.

I think there are certain decisions on the floor where the player has to make his own judgment call, I wouldn't pin something like this on the coach.

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#8 HazeWinkle

HazeWinkle

• Members
            • Pip
            • 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

who care about their offense that not the problem. the problem is they cant play any kind of defense even at home. this team reminds me of the steve nash suns can score  on anybody but cant play a lick of defense. this team looks like there starting all rookies when they play defense but most of the guys been in league what 4 years. like cousions said lock down your man and do ur're effin job 

#9 miketheodio

miketheodio

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 230 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

I wonder how much all the advances in sports medicine throw off the stats of how long a player will last.

#10 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPipPip
                • 956 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:53 AM

Well there is something else. When asik and Lin's contract end, that offseason LMA and Kevin Love and I think Horford will all be FA and we will have about max money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users