Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Dayak : (05 December 2013 - 06:04 AM) J.R. Harden, lol.
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 05:09 AM) @feeling super he had only 15 pts 4-11 shooting which could be put on jh or km he had 5 to and he got blocked about 5 times by guys not known for their defense
@  thenit : (05 December 2013 - 04:35 AM) linsanity, hard yo get that label off, anyone with that king of usage rate has high turnovers including harden, Kobe etc
@  thenit : (05 December 2013 - 04:34 AM) Jeremy got that label in
@  thenit : (05 December 2013 - 04:33 AM) FSS agree to some extent but when hardens shot aren't falling, he has no Impact on the defensive floor and becomes a huge liability, doesn't happen every day when he has a goose egg
@  thenit : (05 December 2013 - 04:32 AM) Fuss
@  RollingWave : (05 December 2013 - 04:32 AM) Remember when folks said our turnover thing was all on Jeremy? yeah I don't either
@  feelingsuper... : (05 December 2013 - 04:24 AM) Dwight did not get stopped, are you joking? They should have ran through him more but hindsight is 20/20. How many more games wil Harden go 0% from three point land?
@  CanSayNOTC : (05 December 2013 - 03:27 AM) when 3 of your best 5.....:D
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 03:20 AM) excuse,excuses 22 to it dont matter who was playing and dwight howard got stopped by pumlee
@  pharmag : (05 December 2013 - 03:16 AM) When 3 of your best 7 players are out its not entirely surprising that the team is struggling....
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 03:13 AM) i see a five game losing streak in store for them rockets.
@  Adi1008 : (05 December 2013 - 03:12 AM) The Rockets could potentially be on an eight game winning streak if they could win the easy games.
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 03:03 AM) omg isthis team great at turning the ball over
@  pharmag : (05 December 2013 - 03:00 AM) He is out with bruised thigh i thinki saw
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 02:59 AM) who knows maybe trade coming
@  CanSayNOTC : (05 December 2013 - 02:58 AM) Why Asik no minutes?
@  pharmag : (05 December 2013 - 02:54 AM) Don't breath too hard on the Phoenix players...it will be a foul...
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 02:44 AM) Is Dwight howard getting outplayed by pumlee tonight?
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 02:41 AM) ohh

Photo

The Rockets Daily - December 5, 2013

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

New post: The Rockets Daily - December 5, 2013
    By: John Eby

About Last Night - The Houston Rockets laid a steaming turd against the Phoenix Suns. Due to the relative drought of other Rockets news on the web, let's talk about that some more.

The Rockets played without Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik or Greg Smith. As much deserved guff as James Harden will get for his defense, defense in general isn't what lost Houston the game. Houston still held them to 45 percent shooting, and below 100 points despite a pretty fast pace. Offense was the problem, and it has a lot to do with who wasn't on the court. Over the summer, I had advocated (in some comment threads) for Jeremy Lin keeping his starting point guard spot. My reasoning was that Houston needed a second ball-handler/creator when opposing teams inevitably trapped Harden on pick-and-rolls. I later changed my tune when I saw how much he flourished with the second unit. However, Chandler Parsons' absence has revealed the initial premise about the needs of the starting unit to be correct. Parsons assumed the secondary ball-handling duties that Lin was responsible for last year, and his ability to attack after the initial pick-and-roll action kept Houston's offense humming. Lin has also always had that ability, but it was diminished last season by his shooting woes. The loss of one of those two guys is manageable, but the loss of both gives the defense the ability to zone in on Harden, shut him down and destroy the offense.

The bad news is that the coaching staff hasn't been able to institute an offense that keeps working without a good deal of offensive talent on the floor. The good news is that as long as at least two of the trio of Harden, Parsons and Lin are healthy, the offense should work. Parsons can't get back on the court soon enough.

Tweet That - Hey, maybe we should have all been worried when Daryl Morey tweeted this before the game:

Playoffs! Playoffs?! - Hollinger's Playoff Odds are out. As of the time of this writing, Houston has a 92 percent chance of making the playoffs and an 8 percent chance of winning it all.

Contributor Needed - I’m still taking applications for someone to replace me as news editor, which mostly involves writing the Daily. I’ll be writing less starting around Christmas. Email me at [email protected] if you’re interested.

#2 RollingWave

RollingWave

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 451 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm less concerned about the loss than how Harden keep dodging interviews after ugly games like this, it may just be my perception here but I don't think I'm the only one who's a bit scared by the face of the franchise seemingly avoiding facing the media whenever things aren't going well. I guess it's lucky this is Houston and not NY / LA.

#3 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,740 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

Let's just stand by our guys. They aren't perfect, but they're the best we will get.

Why so Serious? :D

#4 TeamBall

TeamBall

• Members
      • Pip
      • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

True that !

#5 TeamBall

TeamBall

• Members
        • Pip
        • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Harden needs to not only be the best player, but also the leader.

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPipPip
          • 789 posts
          • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

I'm less concerned about the loss than how Harden keep dodging interviews after ugly games like this, it may just be my perception here but I don't think I'm the only one who's a bit scared by the face of the franchise seemingly avoiding facing the media whenever things aren't going well. I guess it's lucky this is Houston and not NY / LA.

Meh. We get way more media coverage than we have any right to get. The players are quite entitled to share less than the media asks for and I don't see any problem with that. The ability to handle a large group of people asking incredibly inane and irritating questions after a disappointing loss is not a prerequisite to be a high performing basketball player, nor should it ever be.

ST

#7 txtdo1411

txtdo1411

• Members
          • Pip
          • 20 posts
          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Meh. We get way more media coverage than we have any right to get. The players are quite entitled to share less than the media asks for and I don't see any problem with that. The ability to handle a large group of people asking incredibly inane and irritating questions after a disappointing loss is not a prerequisite to be a high performing basketball player, nor should it ever be.

ST

I couldn't agree more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users