Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  2016Champions : (10 July 2013 - 12:56 AM) Feigan via twitter just said Rockets got fined 150k for saying they're happy they got Dwight. Rockets are allowed to acknowledge Dwight's decision, but not allowed to say they're happy about it...
@  RollingWave : (07 July 2013 - 12:36 AM) also, he was one of the youngest FA out there, so there's actually a chance he might improve
@  2016Champions : (07 July 2013 - 12:29 AM) Not only does Omri knock down open shots, but he runs the floor very hard. He's slightly better than his stats indicate. I'm not saying he's a great player, but there aren't many better players available for the vet min.
@  Steven : (06 July 2013 - 09:00 PM) Casspi is just a spot filler, who will prove depth on the wings incase of injuries throughout the year. He can knock down the open jumper.
@  sircharles : (06 July 2013 - 07:30 PM) they need to sign someone a little stronger than that....
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:27 PM) Hmm. Looking at his shot charts, he actually looks like a 37-40% 3P shooter from the wings and the corners. Just from the top that he's weak.
@  DrewinAbilene : (06 July 2013 - 07:22 PM) Omri Casspi reportedly signing with Houston for 2 years
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:21 PM) Omri Casspi, apparently? Kind of surprising, thought rest of signings would be better 3P shooters.
@  sircharles : (06 July 2013 - 07:15 PM) corey brewer still available?
@  sircharles : (06 July 2013 - 07:12 PM) i wonder who else the rockets can get at decent role players
@  tombrokeoff : (06 July 2013 - 07:11 PM) whew.  havent been able to log in via twitter in forever.  but now its fixed.
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:03 PM) Guess that was never going to happen.
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:02 PM) https://twitter.com/...589024310571009
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:01 PM) Smoove goes to DET for 4 years, 56M
@  DrewinAbilene : (06 July 2013 - 06:34 PM) I love Garcia! Great job by Morey to convince him to stay and compete for a ring!
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 05:30 PM) Marc Spears says he's signing for 2 years, 2.6M https://twitter.com/...563095123243008
@  ale11 : (06 July 2013 - 05:25 PM) that would be awesome. 3 and D guy, leadership role....he knew we needed the money and might be willing to sign for less, specially now that we landed dwight
@  feelingsuper... : (06 July 2013 - 05:25 PM) That is a solid move, well done Morey.
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 05:24 PM) Look like Garcia is returning. Roster taking shape.
@  LMAOwais : (06 July 2013 - 02:42 AM) "sources confirm" is the most bullshit thing

Photo

What Do the Rockets Do Next?

70 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 457 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

New post: What Do the Rockets Do Next?
    By: Forrest Walker

After years of swelling, the wave finally crested and broke for the Houston Rockets. General Manager Daryl morey had claimed his two superstars, putting the Rockets in a position to fight for a championship once again. Dwight Howard and James Harden will be wearing the red and yellow for years to come. But once the relief and celebration wear off, an equally long road stretches out ahead of Houston. In the coming months and years, we can expect moves and tweaks to move the Rockets from second round locks to Finals contenders. The question, then, is what those moves might be.

Not coincidentally, the two players who present the greatest concern for the Rockets are Jeremy Lin and Ömer Aşık. Both were poached from their respective teams by way of a creative and underused proviso in the CBA: the “Gilbert Arenas” provision. Morey gave both players identical offer sheets, the aim being to scare Aşık’s Bulls and Lin’s Knicks into letting them walk instead of paying huge salaries in the contracts’ third and final years. Both offers were longshots, with the possibility of signing Lin seeming almost nonexistent. Somehow, Houston acquired both players, to varying reception.

These targets of opportunity were grabbed before the earth-shaking trade for james Harden, when Morey was in the “asset arbitrage” mode that Rahat Huq described here. Now that a core of two superstars is in place, team fit is more of a concern than potential, and Lin and Aşık present more questions than answers. The biggest question, of course, is “can he play alongside Harden and Howard?” The answer to this question will determine how long Aşık and Lin will live in Houston.

Aşık is easily the greater concern, being that his skill set is extremely similar to Dwight Howard’s, and in fact is good enough to deserve starter minutes himself. Reports have already surfaced that Aşık has requested a trade, which isn’t surprising. Playing both at the same time would create a veritable fortress under the basket on defense, but destroy any spacing on offense. With two players specializing in at-the-rim scoring and putbacks, perimeter attackers like Harden, Lin, and Chandler Parsons would find themselves in the teeth of lively help defense. What to do with Aşık then?

The best case scenario for Houston would be a trade for another star-caliber player. This is both the most desirable and least likely case for the Rockets, as other teams have little desire to more their star players. While a Kevin Love type player would be perfect, there’s no traction possible there. Portland Trail Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge must be on the Rockets’ radar, but is similarly unlikely to be moved. Unless he’s vehemently demanding a trade behind the scenes, Portland would be foolish to let him go for anything less than another star. Seeing Lin and Aşık (and more) leave for Portland would break the hearts of many in Houston, but the unlikely scenario of Harden, Howard and Aldridge on the same team would more than make up for it.

A much more realistic path is for the Rockets to bide their time. While Daryl Morey is known for his willingness to shatter rosters in the interest of team building, at times the best action can be inaction. This course fits with the reports thus far, that Houston has informed Aşık that they are unlikely to trade him for the time being. There are many questions about how a scoring point guard like Lin can work with Howard and Harden, and questions about Aşık have been raised above. The best way to answer those questions may simply be to try out the starting lineup as it stands. With most of the major free agents locked up already, a trade is the primary way for Houston to improve. Waiting to make a move has the advantage of letting Houston see what they have while still keeping options open. As another benefit, making a show of holding onto Aşık and Lin raises their trade value slightly, while a need to move a player before training camp puts pressure on the sellers rather than the buyers.

The last, and possibly most likely path is a trade for a starter-quality player such as Ryan Anderson. The Rockets are rumored to have interest in Anderson, and for good reason. While not possessing the star power of an Aldridge or Love, Anderson is a quality power forward with a laser-guided three point shot, exactly the type of player one wants next to Dwight Howard. There’s reason to believe they would work well together: they did it on the Orlando Magic. The major impediment to this move, or a move similar to it, is the interest of the other team. The Pelicans in particular seem to have no interest in Aşık. Other teams with quality stretch fours would need a desire for Aşık, unless a third team can be included. This complicates matters, but doesn’t make them impossible. Daryl Morey is never afraid to take his time brokering a deal, so don’t count such a move out until the trade deadline comes.

What makes this summer special for the Rockets is that they have the luxury of time. With a solid roster full of young players, Houston can afford to wait for the right deal, instead of simply trading up in talent at every opportunity. If Aşık and Lin must be moved for the good of the team, the front office can wait for a player who makes sense with the current roster. More importantly, Morey can use that luxury to force better deals. Waiting for the correct third team to facilitate or simply waiting out other GMs will be invaluable to Houston.

The Dwight Howard fireworks may be over, but the more subdued outdoor theater of Morey’s moves is only beginning. With quiet, solid signings like Francisco Garcia and Omri Casspi under his belt, Daryl Morey has only begun act two of his real performance. The trades aren’t over in Houston, and the roster building will go on for years. Aşık and Lin may raise painful questions, but the Rockets aren’t prone to panic. The players will take their places by October, even if some of the faces are new.

#2 Richards

Richards

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 189 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

[Forrest, you are the best Red94 writer. You always use your brain instead of emotion.]

In NBA, everybody wants to win now. But did Melo, CP3, Durant win? Did superstars pairing Durant-Westbrook, Melo-Stud, CP3- Blake win? Or how badly Kobe-Howard-Gasol-Nash fail?

How well Harden-Howard tandem will play? We don\'t know for sure.

Snatching Howard is good but we can\'t afford to change too much. Unless we get stretch 4 with good shooting, we should be playing TJ, D-Mo a bit and see how should we tweak. Same at PG position. We must be patient. But patient is a word nobody wanted to hear anymore.

#3 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 109 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Agree some of the best writing is on Red 94(big fan of Rahat)..also what do we need to rush for we don't even know if Lin and Asik won't work..we all love having a center for 48 min every game..and Lin already adjusted his game to fit with Harden..now he can really focus on passing(which he does great)..and work on hitting shots(close to 40% from three sec half of the season)..I fully believe with some good sets and good execution we can be top five off and def this year with the team we have..need a decent step foward from TJones/Monta and Lin..which is not out of he question..wait til we start wining games and they will knocking at our door begging for Lin and Asik..also another point no one is having a losing season yet..letPortlnad and Minn. start losing a bunch of games we will hear that the trades we want are a lot easier to make..we will have a lot more options waiting til start of the season/trade deadline

#4 rocketsfan

rocketsfan

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

<br /><br /><p>I can see Asik Will possibly cause some problems because he is also a center and doesn\'t want to play PF. But I just don\'t understand why you have to move Lin away sine he us the only starting PG in Rockets? Lin has proved a lot in the past year that he could play with Harden unless Harden has problems with him. Lin played excellent PnR with center before and he will be very good with Howard. Why Rockets wants Lin leave and Beverly to play? Beverly only played some sparks and he is definately not a starting PG, let alone a PnR PG. If Rockets wants to move somebody, you should move Asik not Lin. That\'s ridiculous thing to do. Lin helped Rockets into playoffs and why you want to trade him when you want chip? So far we haven\'t seen Howard played with anybody. Who knows whether it\'s good or not. Look at Lakers, five stars there but did nothing. Please don\'t brag anything before you<br />
          achieve something.<br />
          Anything.</p>

#5 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 109 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

<br /><br /><p>I can see Asik Will possibly cause some problems because he is also a center and doesn\'t want to play PF. But I just don\'t understand why you have to move Lin away sine he us the only starting PG in Rockets? Lin has proved a lot in the past year that he could play with Harden unless Harden has problems with him. Lin played excellent PnR with center before and he will be very good with Howard. Why Rockets wants Lin leave and Beverly to play? Beverly only played some sparks and he is definately not a starting PG, let alone a PnR PG. If Rockets wants to move somebody, you should move Asik not Lin. That\'s ridiculous thing to do. Lin helped Rockets into playoffs and why you want to trade him when you want chip? So far we haven\'t seen Howard played with anybody. Who knows whether it\'s good or not. Look at Lakers, five stars there but did nothing. Please don\'t brag anything before you<br />
            achieve something.<br />
            Anything.</p>

Amen bro
            Your Preaching to the Choir..and I believe Morey is part of that choir as well..Lin won't be moved for anything other then a upgrade at Pg..and hopefully we can get Asik to calm down and won't move him til the deadline..I want to add a Sg that can create shots and a def PF, but other then that I love the team the way it is..Tjones and Bev/Canaan can fell those roles if need be..I know the roster as is can compete for a chip..no need messing with it unless its a major upgrade or Asik refuses to play 10-17min a game

#6 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
            • 984 posts
            • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

I agree with the article that Lin and Asik's days are numbered unless they can change their games to compliment the pillars of this franchise, Howard and Harden. Asik is a big who is good value considering the going rate for bigs these days as opposed to Lin who almost seems overpaid relative to league point guards of similar production. Of course with the new CBA some of these contracts will be less excessive in the future. My hope is that in about a year both get moved for an All Star caliber player.

The 2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#7 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 160 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

Honestly, I wish we had a better pg but on the other hand, our point guard isn't a pain in the arse.  The kid works hard, shuts his mouth and is very very coachable.  ie Mario Chalmers, George Hill both on winning basketball teams.

#8 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
              • 1,626 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Let me start by reminding that I am not some starry-eyed Lin devotee that thinks he hung the moon and is infallible.  I am looking at this as a Rockets fan--plain and simple....

I get the calls for upgrading the PG position--it is always good to be open minded about upgrading the team.  What I don't get is what anyone thinks is actually going to be better.  For those who think Bev is the answer--do consider the shift in USG% over the course of an entire season plus better scouting reports and the necessary shift in defensive energy to be able to play starters minutes throughout the season.  Further, Bev is a SG with good handles and a decent floor general, but he is not a player capable of running an offense--his per 36 numbers are not as good as Lin's and those extrapolations are often better than reality for high-energy reserves.

Here is a list of the league's PGs

Bearing in mind the salary cap and who is actually available (meaning their team would be willing to part with the PG we want) I can't see a single player that is an obvious upgrade at this time.  Most of the best PG's are either entrenched on their teams (like Tony Parker, CP3, Derrick Rose, etc.) or are on rookie contracts and are cornerstone pieces for their franchises (Kyrie, Wall, etc.).

After that we have to look at fit.  I think most agree that a strong spot-up shooter with above average defense that can create off the dribble and play some pick n roll while gladly deferring to Harden and Howard is the ideal.  Funny how much that sounds like Lin (presuming his shooting stroke resembles the second half of last season or better)...

Before anyone says Goran Dragic--I don't think so.  They are nearly identical players and the loss in team chemistry would not justify that exchange.  Phoenix only makes that trade if we include other assets--not a good deal.  Based on their per 36 numbers from basketball-reference.com, the difference is 1 point and 1 assist per game extra for Dragic, but with a higher usg%.  Lin also sports a better 3 pt.% for the season.  To me that is a wash.

Are we talking Alexey Shved, Jimmer Fredette, Mo WIlliams, etc. to replace Lin?  (Actually, Jimmer is intriguing....but I still think Lin's overall package is better.)  Is Greivis Vasquez available?  If so, what's the price tag on that?  Does New Orleans make that trade?

I think Lin is going to do very well this year with so much talent around him.  Yes, his $8.3M cap hit is a little higher than people would like but it's not that far out of line and there is a solid chance he re-signs for a more palatable amount once that contract expires.

I honestly expect to see him flirting with 40% 3pt., and a solid 15 pts, 8 assists per game with a better assist/turnover ratio.  I just don't see a better fit that's available.  Maybe Canaan or Bev can take the starting role from him in time, but for now it appears to be his spot.

As for the rest of the team....I hope they are preaching strong defense across the board, but especially to the PF's.  I'd be content if they scored zero points a game as long as they play strong D and clean the glass like champs.  Parsons, Harden, Howard, and Lin will provide the bulk of the scoring load followed by Bev, Garcia, and Asik. 

#9 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Moderators
              • 381 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Vasquez would be terrible on this team.  I see him as a poor man's Rondo (albeit much taller).  He can't shoot at all, and he has a lot of assist, but is a selfish passer.  He, like Rondo, doesn't seem to enjoy being the pass before the assist.  I would not mind Jimmer off the bench.  It never hurts to have more 3 point shooters on a team w/ Harden and Howard.  He's actually a decent fit next to Harden because he doesn't need the ball.  Only as a bench player though.  The reports were that Lin was not available unless they were receiving another starting PG in return, and if we are trading one for one the chances of the new PG being much better seems low.

#10 coachwood

coachwood

• Members
                • Pip
                • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

idea?

celtics rebuilding right

JLin+Asik+2 to 3 fillers(either dmo or jones not both, anderson etc)

for

Rondo+Olynyk+Iverson

rondo/bev/canaan

harden/garcia

parsons/casspi

jones or dmo/olynyk

howard/iverson

unlikely but with morey and ainge, plus mchales talking power... u never know

#11 Richards

Richards

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 189 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Set aside Hate-Lin, Love-Lin contest:

- which position need upgrade? PF or PG

- Availability of better PF or PG 

Like thjohnnygold said, we don't have any better upgrade than Lin. Rondo? Are we talking about fist fight between Harden, Howard, and Rondo on  how ball should be playing through who. Agreed that Rondo is much better player but he doesn't fit with us unless Harden become spot-up shooter.

#12 Richards

Richards

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 189 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

idea?

celtics rebuilding right

JLin+Asik+2 to 3 fillers(either dmo or jones not both, anderson etc)

I do understand what you want. Or maybe that is what Morey wants. But I am sure rebuilding team doesn't want Asik and Lin contracts for sure.

#13 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
                      • 1,626 posts
                      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Agreed.  If we plan to use Harden differently then I could be swayed some, but would that be to our advantage.  If we wanted a spot up shooter we should have gone after Redick.  I think we are lost in position names and neglecting usage.  Playing next to Harden, we need a spot-up shooter who can drive and dish.  Would bringing in Rondo (and giving up Lin, Asik, and one of our PF's) make us collectively better?  I am skeptical on this.

#14 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 903 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Set aside Hate-Lin, Love-Lin contest:

- which position need upgrade? PF or PG
                        - Availability of better PF or PG

Like thjohnnygold said, we don't have any better upgrade than Lin. Rondo? Are we talking about fist fight between Harden, Howard, and Rondo on how ball should be playing through who. Agreed that Rondo is much better player but he doesn't fit with us unless Harden become spot-up shooter.

PG is defiantly needed of an upgrade before PF. Jones is gonna lock down the spot for the next decade. PG is manned by an undrafted no D-1 scholarship offered player who had a great 2 weeks when he was the only player on the team touching the ball.

#15 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 2,029 posts
                        • Locationhouston

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

PG is defiantly needed of an upgrade before PF. Jones is gonna lock down the spot for the next decade. PG is manned by an undrafted no D-1 scholarship offered player who had a great 2 weeks when he was the only player on the team touching the ball.

true

Agreed.  If we plan to use Harden differently then I could be swayed some, but would that be to our advantage.  If we wanted a spot up shooter we should have gone after Redick.  I think we are lost in position names and neglecting usage.  Playing next to Harden, we need a spot-up shooter who can drive and dish.  Would bringing in Rondo (and giving up Lin, Asik, and one of our PF's) make us collectively better?  I am skeptical on this.

NO to rondo. we don't need his ball hoggin ways, especially with attitude on top. I agree we need a shooter

#16 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 109 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Love the debate so far..great points..I feel I should say like my boy Jonny that I am not madly in love with Lin..I just believe that the hating and wanting him moved has gotten out of hand..what's fun is just heard Jimmers name today on a podcast and thought he would be perfect on this roster off be bench..we need a Guard that can handle the ball and shoot off the bench..don't know what we would have to give up but would LOVE him on this team..like I would give up a 2016 first round pick for him..Tjones hasn't even won the starting job this year so 10 years might be a lil strong..there are some that say that Dmo is rdy to play in the nba now after adding some weight to his 7 ft..I say we need the best def player starting on this team..all of the great teams in the west have really good Pf scorers..we slow them down they will not be able to compete with us this year..if we go the Rondo route I want bass and Crawford..gives us the scorer off the bench and def Pf..I agree that rondo can't shoot well but the def will be outstanding..Harden would be our worse def player on that team..nobody would score more then 90..but for real I really want Jimmer on this team..we need to start a petition or something to get Morey on board..like all the good players on the Kings he will be much better on a great team with a defined role

#17 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 109 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Man guys I have some trades i am falling in love with..I also think we should move Asik now..love Jimmer, I really want him on thiS team next year don't care how they get it done..I really like Anderson and Rivers for Asik and Dmo..gives us a lot of shooting and space..starting to like him going to clevland for Verajao and maybe Cj Miles..he is said to be coming back strong and will recover..he gives us a great energy guy now that reb great and can def Pf well..and more importantly he has a 10 mil team option next year were we can clear great space to add to this team next year..the kings have so many redundant players on that team..would love a Jimmer/Thornton and Jason Thompson for Asik and Dmo..All three of those trades really helps our team and doesn't hurt our future..would be really excited to have either!!!

#18 bryan22583

bryan22583

• Members
                            • Pip
                            • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

You're spot on in your analysis that Lin and Asik present serious issues for the Rockets.  (While I'm no huge Lin fan, I think he's the far lesser concern).  If Dwight couldn't play with Pau, how's he going to play with a big man with far less range and not even half the skill set?   I think Houston has no choice but to move him.  The question then becomes, what can you get for Omer Asik?  He's a young, still developing, but already top 5-10 center in the league.  Those don't grow on trees.  But but but, he's due $15M year after this, which is probably too much for such a limited offensive player.  

I suppose this is a long way of saying that I think the trade targets you threw out there are real long-shots.  I just can't foresee a team giving up a star like Love or Aldridge for a player who's very unlikely to develop into an all-star. Ryan Anderson strikes me as a much more realistic possibility.  Players like that - non stars but better than your avg. starter - may be the best Morey can do.  I do think that Houston badly needs to bolster the PF spot with either a veteran or a younger guy with potential who could thrive alongside Dwight. To me this means getting someone who can both run and stretch the floor.   A few names that come to mind and seem gettable include: (1) Tristian Thompson, (2) Thaddeus Young (3) Jeff Green, and (4) Derek Williams.  Save perhaps Thompson who I think is well-regarded, those packages would probably need to be rounded out with either a draft pick or a legit role player.  A few other possible targets in this "top 3 Asik trade destinations" article:

http://leaguebeats.c...-for-omer-asik/

Anyway, that's just my two cents.  As long as P. Bev develops a bit more, I think J. Lin won't be too much of a liability. 

#19 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
                              • PipPipPip
                              • 232 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Just because you are undrafted doesn't mean you are not worth anything. There has been several players that has been undrafted that has become a good nba player. In regards of Linsanity era of the two weeks, something I believe Lin will never reach those heights again. People say it was a fluke and all the stars did align for him those two weeks, but he had the best first 5 games and 2 weeks as a starter since the NBA/ABA merger, which says that he has some talent and was vastly underrated due to poor scouting and somewhat race related. Even after those two weeks, his numbers has been around 15 and 7. No where near all star level play or numbers but definitely a nba players.

I'm not a huge fan of Lin and I rank him around 20-25 on the PG chart of starters, but in terms of fit and availability he is probably our best bet now. I feel like the haters sometimes don't like him because of the stanch Lin supporters who does go overboard with praise, the people who critize him goes the opposite side.

In terms of value of his contract, No he is not worth a 8.3 cap hit but that's not his fault, it would be Morey who offered that contract, and I don't blame him either because before offering the Poison pill contracts for Asik and Lin, we didn't know we would get Harden and due to the play of all our 3 signings we impressed Howard enough to join us. As morey said in an interview in terms of most wins added Lin was 3rd ahead of Parsons and behind Asik and Harden. So he did add value. Its not a big leap of fate to let Lin playout this season and his value is low atm, but even if he doesn't improve that much he still holds value in year 3 because an expiring contract is an asset today with luxury tax implications for teams.

Letting him play year 2 and wait and see if he will improve or not will not kill us. We can either trade him as an expiring or for go for 2014 FA PG signings. If he succeeds then its great and as Johnny said, I think if it does  work out Lin will sign a more cap friendly contract in 2015. If it doesn't we get cap space or we trade that cap space. We will have Howard and Harden under contract for 4 more years together and Parsons we have the bird rights. So its not like we have to WIN this year. Better to not change the roster too much and kill the team chemistry.

#20 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
                                • PipPipPip
                                • 232 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

In regards of our PF situation, I still think we should stand pat unless we can sign a top 10 PF. However I am not as high on DMo or Tjones as many of you guys are. If you are already as good as some of you guys think they might be, then they would already have solidified their positions and taken the next step the previous season when the door was so wide open that Smith ended up playing there at the end. If they can't beat Greg Smith how can you envision that they will be a J Smith lite etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users