Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  RollingWave : (29 April 2013 - 02:04 AM) @ Thenit, agree on that hey needed to not let Lin play if they saw he wasn't near healthy (and really, if we can all see that on TV....)  strangely enough this is like the first time in the season we wonder why McHale has too long of a leash on Lin though heh.
@  2016Champions : (28 April 2013 - 04:49 AM) McHale says he was trying to get officials' attention to call timeout after KD 3. When turnover ensued, did NOT want team to foul.
@  pharmag : (28 April 2013 - 04:33 AM) Lin probably should have sat the whole game...however he didn't and then Bev got into foul trouble early and it was either see what Lin can do or play Aaron Brooks.  Used to like Brooks, but he isn't the player from his MIP year and he is a huge liability on defense.
@  miketheodio : (28 April 2013 - 04:33 AM) frustrating team to be a fan of.
@  thenit : (28 April 2013 - 04:32 AM) Heartbroken, going to cry myself to slep now :(
@  thenit : (28 April 2013 - 04:31 AM) If I was Mchale watching Lin wince every shoot he took in the warmup, I would just had said I'm sitting you, because there is no way a player will say coach i can't play
@  thenit : (28 April 2013 - 04:30 AM) we are notoriously slow starters.
@  thenit : (28 April 2013 - 04:30 AM) I have critized Mchale for not lettng Lin play enough and tonight when I didn't want Lin to play he plays him lol
@  pharmag : (28 April 2013 - 04:30 AM) One of the biggest things with this team is they don't come out swinging (especially on defense).  They wait until they take a few sharp jabs to the jaw.  As long as their shots are falling it doesn't hurt them to bad, but when they aren't, it leads to the 20 point holes they have to dig out of...
@  thenit : (28 April 2013 - 04:28 AM) were u at the game bboley?
@  thenit : (28 April 2013 - 04:28 AM) if they would have wanted to foul they would have done it earlier, not wait until its 8 on the shot clock
@  bboley24 : (28 April 2013 - 04:27 AM) "To play us out, what does that mean to play us out?  There are no words!"

-Bill Oreilly
@  thenit : (28 April 2013 - 04:27 AM) Yea I know just hard to take when its back to back, you fight your way back and then you can't setup a good play
@  pharmag : (28 April 2013 - 04:27 AM) 2016 he didn't.  It was obvious he was annoyed...
@  thenit : (28 April 2013 - 04:26 AM) why were u watching on laptop ? its on espn
@  pharmag : (28 April 2013 - 04:26 AM) That is actually a very good play during the course of the game.  It was only a bad play because the Thunder knew the 3 was coming.  Without the threat of the weakside drive once Delfino receives ball, it is easy to guard.  However, youth will learn (and hopefully coach will too)
@  2016Champions : (28 April 2013 - 04:26 AM) pretty sure McHale didn't want a foul there
@  thenit : (28 April 2013 - 04:26 AM) so damn pissed and proud of the team
@  2016Champions : (28 April 2013 - 04:26 AM) oh I missed it, my laptop crashed after the Garcia foul on Fisher
@  thenit : (28 April 2013 - 04:25 AM) the 3 guys who kept us in the game killed us at the end. Garcia with the foul, Parson and Harden with the turnovers when we had the lead

Photo

Game 2: Houston Rockets @ OKC Thunder, Wednesday 6 CST

46 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Discuss.

#2 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 361 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Well, I sure hope it is nothing like game 1. I just want us to show some fight and not get blown out. I also want to see us actually make some shots and maybe play a little defense too.

#3 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
      • 959 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

This guy will be at the game. Headed to Oklahoma for business right now.

Hope we can at least make it a competition this time. Id like to see less Smith and more Jones.
        Have a Twitter? Post your info here and have it added to gain more followers and faster Rockets and Red94 news.
        http://www.red94.net...ic/310-twitter/

#4 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 595 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Jones goes 35 minutes and gets a double double with more blocks then Ibaka.

#5 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 432 posts
          • LocationHouston

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

wow awesome, blake!  should be fun! be safe.

i hope the rockets show a little more fight and dont look so damn scared/lost on offense.  they all need more of beverleys fearlessness and hustle.

#6 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 1,107 posts
          • LocationAustin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Bold Prediction: Ref's blow the whistle often in favor of the Rockets due to extra aggressiveness and we steal a game from the Thunder. 

#7 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 1,290 posts
          • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Bold prediction: Delfino starts at PF and makes 7 three's en-route to 30 points which is overshadowed by James Harden's career high 50 points and Rockets win.

“Every [player] decision has two main components, the scouting or traditional analysis and the numbers … depending on the situation, you weight them differently.” - Daryl Morey

Small sample sizes exaggerate effects. 

Do not read statistics as gospel. Statistics provides tools that you need in order to react intelligently to information you hear or see.

#8 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 472 posts
          • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

OKC did to use what they used to the entire 2012 playoffs: take off during 3rd quarter (although that actually started at the end of the 2nd). The only chance to upset OKC is what Miami pulled off last year: get Durant in foul trouble! (having LeBron helps, but we'll have to settle with the foul trouble). And that's gonna be a tough one on the road.

#9 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
          • 783 posts
          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Sort of bold prediction: The Rockets and coaching staff figure out a few things in game 2 that helps them win game 3.

Have a good time at that game Blake!

The 2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#10 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 558 posts
          • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'm still expecting OKC to win this one, but I think it will be closer. The Rockets will spend the whole game down by 5-10 points before a late run in the 4th quarter blows the game open and the Thunder end up winning by 15. Improved play from Smith (it's not possible to play as badly as he did in that first one again, I'm chalking that one down to nerves) and some hot shooting from Parsons prevent the Thunder from racing away.

ST

#11 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 157 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

I will just be happy if we are withing striking distance at the start of the 4th Q

#12 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 92 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

BOLD PREDICTION:  Lineups and misuse of the PF position leads to another blow out and KM is benched for game 3.

#13 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 361 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

BOLD PREDICTION: Lineups and misuse of the PF position leads to another blow out and KM is benched for game 3.

We don't have any Real power forwards. That's the problems. We have a bunch of prospects who have no business starting or even playing for a playoff team at this stage in their careers.

#14 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 92 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Touche' my friend... hence del3no and the ratchet 

#15 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
                  • 1,061 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

Beautiful 1st quarter, though we're still down 1....lol.  But in any event, much better.  

#16 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
                    • 1,061 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

i wrote to keep in lin, this morning, with the thinking we'd get blown out.  but he's been ATROCIOUS and its a close game.  at this point, i have to go with aaron brooks.  lin is KILLING the rockets right now with his inability to do anything.  

#17 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 558 posts
                      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's killing them. In the first quarter I actually thought he played pretty well. There were a couple of good drive-and-kick actions (I think there were a times when people missed open threes off his action, he knocked in a three ball of his own and there were some easy finishes in delayed transition as well.

Second quarter was not so good by him, but because the Rockets were playing with Beverley and Harden on the court they had three ball handlers so it didn't matter so much.

I thought Smith had a much better time of it tonight - he was able to be a force on the offensive glass without giving up anything too noticeable on the defensive end. In fact in general I think the defensive scheme is holding up pretty well - just have to prevent Westbrook from getting up a head of steam and the Thunder have looked remarkably quiet.

Also, Patrick Beverley vs Russell Westbrook is a great duel! Hoping they can keep it up for the rest of the series.

ST

#18 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 558 posts
                      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Really smart play by the Rockets at the end of the third quarter. With Westbrook pounding the ball at the top of the key, they put Garcia on him and had Beverley guard Durant because they knew that Durant was going to screen for Westbrook. When he did, the Rockets just switched on the pick and roll and left the Thunder with nothing. As a result they didn't get a shot off before time expired. Great anticipation/reading the Thunder's play calls, although if they weren't thinking about holding for the last shot I suspect OKC would have made more of an effort to get it to Durant on the mismatch.

ST

#19 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 333 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

Asik just can't finish at all.

#20 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
                        • 1,061 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

For those that say the Rockets don't need Dwight Howard, again, I have to laugh at that sentiment and I point to this game as Exhibit Z.  As usual, Asik was stellar defending the rim....but missed countless shots at the rim.  Howard gives you that same defense but with finishing.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users