Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  feelingsuper... : (19 April 2013 - 04:55 PM) There should be quite a few missed opportunities the next couple of years like that one 2016Champions. Hopefully these players that form the long term core learn from it.
@  2016Champions : (19 April 2013 - 04:16 PM) Hearing Faried is doubtful for gm 1. Wow. Rockets missed out.
@  thejohnnygold : (18 April 2013 - 09:53 PM) Yeah, just noticed that off-season wheels are already starting to turn
@  2016Champions : (18 April 2013 - 09:03 PM) ie. Power Forward
@  2016Champions : (18 April 2013 - 09:02 PM) I'd rather use the Lin-Bev combo as the 2nd unit, and spend money on a position where we actually need help.
@  2016Champions : (18 April 2013 - 09:01 PM) No thanks.
@  thejohnnygold : (18 April 2013 - 08:52 PM) Lookie here....OJ MAYO IS ON THE MARKET!
@  feelingsuper... : (18 April 2013 - 01:06 PM) If you are in Houston right now Morey is on 790am right now.
@  feelingsuper... : (18 April 2013 - 01:05 PM) If you are in Houston Daryl Morey is on 790am right now.
@  Richards : (18 April 2013 - 12:35 PM) Still pissed n pissed. Let Harden play with 3pt shooters like Garcia n Delfino. Let Lin, Bev, Parsons as another unit. I knew, I knew, I pouted as a frustration.
@  2016Champions : (18 April 2013 - 06:02 AM) Harden played like Lebron did in the 2011 finals against the Heat, just doing lots of standing around. Our offense is similar too. I just hope Harden and the offense improves just as much as theirs did, lets be patient and see if it does or not.
@  trickymess : (18 April 2013 - 06:02 AM) Was there a reason Lin didn't return after he was pulled in the 3rd? What is McHale's problem with Lin? He was doing all right until he got pulled!
@  pharmag : (18 April 2013 - 05:49 AM) Not an excuse, just an explanation
@  pharmag : (18 April 2013 - 05:48 AM) The reason I say that is he wasn't exactly conditioned for this offense, and our offense doesn't work when it isn't going at fastest pace.  In fact most of these players weren't.  May explain the stop ball and lack of player movement when Harden is on the court
@  2016Champions : (18 April 2013 - 05:41 AM) I don't beleive that, I've seen guys who are tired and still push themselves. Harden isn't pushing himself.
@  pharmag : (18 April 2013 - 05:40 AM) I do wonder how much of it is fatigue...when I am tried I get lazy .  I have noticed he seems to play well in first quarter the last few games and its downhill from there
@  2016Champions : (18 April 2013 - 05:37 AM) McHale needs to figure out how to get Harden under control, he clearly can't rely on him to make the right decisions on his own.
@  pharmag : (18 April 2013 - 05:27 AM) Lol
@  BenQueens : (18 April 2013 - 05:27 AM) G'night folks- way too late out East.
@  pharmag : (18 April 2013 - 05:27 AM) Well Stern got his ratings..at least maybe we will get good tv slots

Photo

Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers on 4/17/2013

117 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

New post: Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers on 4/17/2013
    By: Daniel Guyton

#2 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 227 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

GO ROCKETS!

#3 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 127 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

It will be an easy Lakers win, they will just feed Dwight and Pau. The towers will eat us up, if we couldn't find anyone to stop scola, I can't believe we will find 2 players to stop that tower duo. 

I said in the kobe post, I think Lakers will advance to the Finals. Advancing to the 2nd round for sure.

#4 pharmag

pharmag

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Just let Asik handle D12.  I think he can do it.  Then just double Pau and force ball out of his hand (just don't double off of Nash...).  

As for the Lakers advancing past second round...I doubt it.  If they play Thunder I doubt they get out of first, but even if they get Spurs and get out, they are going to run into Denver in 2nd and I seriously doubt they win that without the home court advantage.  Denver will just run them into the ground...

#5 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 227 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Don't count out our young Rockets squad. I have a feeling they will surprise is tonight with a big win. Harden is going to erupt for about 45.

#6 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 1,090 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

I don't think Asik will stop Dwight, but he should be able to contain him.

Friendly reminder: Small sample sizes exaggerate effects. 

#7 pharmag

pharmag

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

I don't think Asik will stop Dwight, but he should be able to contain him.

Thats what I meant.

#8 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 426 posts
              • LocationHouston

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

harden/parsons playing for sure???

#9 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 227 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

harden/parsons playing for sure???

They damn well better be! This is essentially a playoff game!

#10 Dan G

Dan G

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 81 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Just let Asik handle D12.  I think he can do it.  Then just double Pau and force ball out of his hand (just don't double off of Nash...).  

As for the Lakers advancing past second round...I doubt it.  If they play Thunder I doubt they get out of first, but even if they get Spurs and get out, they are going to run into Denver in 2nd and I seriously doubt they win that without the home court advantage.  Denver will just run them into the ground...

Won't have to worry about Nash. He is not available for tonight's game with an assortment of nagging injuries but mainly a strained hamstring.

#11 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 426 posts
                  • LocationHouston

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

They damn well better be! This is essentially a playoff game!

not really.  and not sure how important mchale will view it.  either way we're starting the playoffs on the road as a big underdog.  trust me, i HOPE they both play and I HOPE we win tonight, but mchale might wanna rest harden (especially after his knee bump with scola) and parsons to be as close to 100% for game 1 as possible.

#12 Dan G

Dan G

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 81 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

It will be an easy Lakers win, they will just feed Dwight and Pau. The towers will eat us up, if we couldn't find anyone to stop scola, I can't believe we will find 2 players to stop that tower duo. 

I said in the kobe post, I think Lakers will advance to the Finals. Advancing to the 2nd round for sure.

I'm not so sure on that. One of the reasons Scola ate us alive other than his nifty post moves is Dragic and he play well on the pick and roll. Steve Blake is no Dragic. Granted, Gasol could hurt us in the post but like pharmag said, double him and have Osik somewhat contain D12 and we may just do alright. Maybe.

#13 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 891 posts
                    • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

not really.  and not sure how important mchale will view it.  either way we're starting the playoffs on the road as a big underdog.  trust me, i HOPE they both play and I HOPE we win tonight, but mchale might wanna rest harden (especially after his knee bump with scola) and parsons to be as close to 100% for game 1 as possible.

I disagree. I think this is like a playoff game. It is so important for seeding. If we lose, LAL takes the 7th seed. We face OKC instead of a hobbled Spurs team. If we win, we avoid OKC. I imagine that is a big deal. OKC is really good...and Spurs are both old and injured. For chrissakes, they just had to sign McGrady to add insurance/depth! :P

#14 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 426 posts
                    • LocationHouston

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

I disagree. I think this is like a playoff game. It is so important for seeding. If we lose, LAL takes the 7th seed. We face OKC instead of a hobbled Spurs team. If we win, we avoid OKC. I imagine that is a big deal. OKC is really good...and Spurs are both old and injured. For chrissakes, they just had to sign McGrady to add insurance/depth! :P

look i totally agree as far as prefering the spurs over the thunder.  im just saying that idk if mchale would prefer to rest two of his starters when we're going to be an underdog, on the road either way.  

#15 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 891 posts
                    • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

look i totally agree as far as prefering the spurs over the thunder.  im just saying that idk if mchale would prefer to rest two of his starters when we're going to be an underdog, on the road either way.  

I feel as if McHale will want to win this one and go all out. I mean, Harden was semi-injured in the PHX game, doing badly and McHale kept putting him in. I don't know if he'll feel differently for this game...esp. again, such important seeding complications. Our shot at besting the Spurs (as they are now) is considerably higher, imo, than besting OKC. Not like 3% chance of winning against OKC vs. 5% chance of winning against Spurs kind of 'better,' but considerably more. I think that easily outweighs a bit more rest.

#16 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 426 posts
                    • LocationHouston

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

yeah we'll see what happens tonight.  

#17 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
                    • 716 posts
                    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Last time i heard Morey was on 790am he was basically saying there main goal is to avoid the Thunder and that Rocket players will not be rested. Now since the end of last week that stance may have changed but I would guess not. As far as McHale's last interview I heard on the subject he was all for winning all games and he sounded like no one would convince him to stand down. McHale strikes me as a coach that just believes in winning games.

The 2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#18 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 426 posts
                    • LocationHouston

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Last time i heard Morey was on 790am he was basically saying there main goal is to avoid the Thunder and that Rocket players will not be rested. Now since the end of last week that stance may have changed but I would guess not. As far as McHale's last interview I heard on the subject he was all for winning all games and he sounded like no one would convince him to stand down. McHale strikes me as a coach that just believes in winning games.

sweet.  sounds good to me.  i would have been upset if we were resting players.   whole reason i asked the initial ? regarding parsons are harden was from reading someone on twitter mentioned them possibly sitting.

#19 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 986 posts
                    • LocationAustin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

We should definitely play all out--this is our audition for Dwight!

#20 miketheodio

miketheodio

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

The NBA gods would want the story line of harden vs his old team and the possibility of the lakers beating a hobbled spurs. If you're into the NBA conspiracy thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users