Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  2016Champions : (17 June 2013 - 05:26 AM) I had a feeling Ginobili would regress to the mean.
@  Dan G : (17 June 2013 - 04:33 AM) Now I had no idea Ginobli was gonna pull a Wade and turn back the clock. I give Pop the majority of the credit for that.
@  Dan G : (17 June 2013 - 04:32 AM) I don't think it was too ballsy on San Antonio's part. With the way Splitter has been playing and since Miami has started Miller the last two games, I thought it was inevitable that Ginobli would start.
@  RollingWave : (17 June 2013 - 02:57 AM) I must say that both team had some serious ballsy lineup changes this series, Ginobilli start? and dominate?
@  2016Champions : (16 June 2013 - 09:26 PM) According to Dr. Klapper, treatment for Parker's hamstring will only last one half. Lateral movement and jumping will be a problem.
@  2016Champions : (16 June 2013 - 04:56 AM) Parker said Pop was very angry with him for the constant nagging insisting he can play, Pop really didn't want Parker to play. Just goes to show Pop knows best.
@  RollingWave : (16 June 2013 - 04:28 AM) Parker says his hamstring is almost shot , that would probably doom the Spurs if he can't play at least 80%
@  2016Champions : (15 June 2013 - 12:38 AM) Miami is 6-0 in playoffs following losses (outscoring opponents by 20.7 PPG in those games). They've won 12 straight games following losses.
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:50 PM) The Heat are notoriously slow starters. Once they get going it's like a snowball effect, they get more dangerous as they go along.
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:49 PM) My heart says SA, but my mind says MIA
@  rocketrick : (14 June 2013 - 11:06 AM) Anybody else going to San Antone for Game 5??
@  RollingWave : (14 June 2013 - 10:15 AM) The Heat is doomed / the Spurs is doom , repeat until game 7
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 06:28 AM) Now that Wade's knee doesn't seem to be bothering him anymore, Spurs are in trouble.
@  rocketrick : (14 June 2013 - 06:26 AM) Mark Twain once was quoted--Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Not sure that motivates the Heat but food for thought for whatever that is worth!
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:43 AM) What happened to Parker that second half? Hamstring caught up to him?
@  Ostrow : (14 June 2013 - 03:57 AM) Has Manu had any good playoff games?
@  RollingWave : (14 June 2013 - 03:50 AM) G4 was very interesting, both teams making big adjustments, but I think at the end of the day Wade's rejuvenation / dead cat bounce versus Manu 's continued suck is the difference
@  RollingWave : (13 June 2013 - 08:49 AM) @rocketrick lol good one. I honestly don't know what happens now, I was expecting Spurs to win G3 but not by THAT much
@  rocketrick : (12 June 2013 - 10:55 AM) I can't wait for Game 5 after the Heat burn the Spurs on Thursday night
@  RollingWave : (12 June 2013 - 06:52 AM) The amazing thing is this 2nd rounder and undrafted guy played like super stars while the best player ever an another sure fired HOF guy played like junk

Photo

Houston Rockets @ Sacramento Kings on 4/3/2013

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

New post: Houston Rockets @ Sacramento Kings on 4/3/2013

#2 myjohnlai

myjohnlai

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

There is actually no reason to rush Harden in the game with Lin playing like an All-star team basketball. There' still a question about McHale's ability in distribution of minutes to the players of the team. Anderson has been missing easy lay-ups and yet the coaches seem to like him better. Garcia started showing signs of being a shooter and team player with lots of composure in the game. Players may not be able to cover up the rear end of the coaches' miscues though.

#3 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 594 posts
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

Anderson hasn't been fitting into the offense all that well, but the early indications are that he provides more of a rebounding presence than Garcia. Might be why the coaching staff has been persevering with him up to this point. Although it's debatable whether that's necessary if you're starting both Smith and Asik...

ST

#4 Jeby

Jeby

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 127 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

One more game like that from T. Jones, and the Rockets will have a new starting 4 (again). He has a lot of Josh Smith in his game, but with better shot selection. Motiejunas has continued bringing poor shooting and nothing else to the floor, other than the occasional post move.

#5 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 891 posts
        • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

I feel like we're literally rotating our starting 4's. A handful of good games should not sway us so easily. We went through the same thing w/ DMo, just went through it w/ GSmith, and now TJones? lol

Can't believe how deep we are at the 4. Still have TRob too (maybe his turn will finally come in a week :P). This is AFTER we traded MM and 2Pat away. Cray cray.

#6 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 1,861 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

through all threads this year I have held to the point that we need to be patient at the 4 position........I still believe that. we have enough young raw talent there to get by for now. sooner hopefully rather than later one of these guys will emerge and solve our PF problem. no need to use our cap room in this position. we have other areas that are better served

#7 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 2,062 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

I agree, we don't even need to use our cap room. But I still think we should use it either this year or next year rather than just letting it go to waste. 

Don't be too quick to assume you're right and the experts are wrong. 

"A fool who recognizes his own ignorance is thereby in fact a wise man, but a fool who considers himself wise -- that is what one really calls a fool." ~Gautama Buddha

#8 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
        • 429 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

New post: Houston Rockets 112, Sacramento Kings 102: The Power Forward saga continues.

#9 Richards

Richards

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 171 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

It looked like Harden moved slower than others last night. His ball movement was on and off.

Is he still injured? If not, he should better run & cut more.

I knew he can create, pass, draw but looks sticky at times.

Any idea what is the best way to use Harden? Maybe we should create a new thread.

#10 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 2,062 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

According to RAPM he's the 6th best player this season so I think he's fine, although I do get frustrated at his lack of movement without the ball sometimes. I was a little disappointed when Cousins beat him down the floor on a fast break. Maybe his foot still hurts him, maybe he's lazy/tired, or maybe a bit of both.

Don't be too quick to assume you're right and the experts are wrong. 

"A fool who recognizes his own ignorance is thereby in fact a wise man, but a fool who considers himself wise -- that is what one really calls a fool." ~Gautama Buddha

#11 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 594 posts
            • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

I feel like we're literally rotating our starting 4's. A handful of good games should not sway us so easily. We went through the same thing w/ DMo, just went through it w/ GSmith, and now TJones? lol

Can't believe how deep we are at the 4. Still have TRob too (maybe his turn will finally come in a week :P). This is AFTER we traded MM and 2Pat away. Cray cray.

It's probably a good thing that they're all getting a chance to shine. After all, Morey is playing a numbers game here that one of them will evolve into a star player. In order for that to work he's got to allow some time to see what they've got before making his decision on which horse to back. Taking into account that none of the contenders for the position are used to the NBA grind yet and it's actually probably a good idea to be rotating them in and out.

ST

#12 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 891 posts
            • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

It's probably a good thing that they're all getting a chance to shine. After all, Morey is playing a numbers game here that one of them will evolve into a star player. In order for that to work he's got to allow some time to see what they've got before making his decision on which horse to back. Taking into account that none of the contenders for the position are used to the NBA grind yet and it's actually probably a good idea to be rotating them in and out.

ST

Re-reading my post, I see I actually gave off the wrong impression. I think rotating through our 4's is a pretty smart idea, just for the reasons you stated. We have too much in young, potential assets -- potential is great, but knowing is better, esp. when we'll have to unload some of them at some point. So I agree with your comment.

When I said we were "rotating our starting 4's" (bad choice in words), I had actually meant in our (the fans) EXCITEMENT in them haha. It is like every week fans are saying _____ is the new answer to the 4, only to change _____ to someone else a week later :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users