Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

Potential Trades

trades deadline first round

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#281 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,125 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

I don't see much to like in that trade....I think we can do better

#282 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,125 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

Regarding the Gay trade, does anyone else think Memphis cashed that chip too early? They were built to make some noise this post-season.....now? I'll need to see how that line-up works....but I guarantee no one wanted to see them in the playoffs pre-trade.

#283 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

tyshaun prince can still ball, i mean he isnt as atheltic as rudy gay, but he is efficent with the ball and can score. ed davis and austin daye also give them some well needed depth. i honestly think each team got better with this trade.

#284 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Who says no to this trade?
http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=a5kub6p

I dont know what the mavs rotation is like, so i dont really know what they would think, but surely they have to make a move, even just for the sake of making a move... They are not looking good right now at all...

no way mavs would go after lin's contract, collison has been one of there most consistent players this season, so i dont see them dealing him. mavs needs a center

#285 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

I agree with Sir Thursday. looks like everybody came out a little better after the rudy gay trade. prince can still ball, but there will be some fall off in that position(IMO).

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#286 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

I feel 'meh' about the Gay trade. Just speaking from MEM's perspective, wasn't super bad for MEM or super good.

#287 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

memphis also got a big contract off there books and a draft pick

#288 jfan34

jfan34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

When Kevin Love decides he wants out...

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=aklwy8f

#289 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 283 posts
    • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

no way LA would take stoudemire, he is probably the most unwanted player in the league with his huge contract and his glass everything.

kevin love has 4 YEARS left on his contract, he isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

#290 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,122 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

k love only has 2 years after this year b4 he can opt out early in his contract. the way he and minny have been getting along makes me believe he will opt out. which leaves minny 1 1/2 years to either make up with him or trade him.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#291 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 216 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

That Memphis trade has Hollinger written all over it. He moved Gay and his love of the long two for a three and D Tayshaun Prince and an athletic 4 for the future. He also got his hands on Leuer who is supposed to be a destitute man's Ryan Anderson. Looks like Memphis has dedicated itself to floor spacing shooters and pounding the paint big men. If you throw in some pick and role with Conley... This looks like a better team by subtraction. Their D got better and their offense got better by taking their lowest percentage player off the floor... And I guess putting him on the floor in another country.

#292 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 699 posts
      • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

By association, this trade is making the Harden trade even better for us in the fact that Gay would make the Raptors win more games, which would make that traded pick to OKC much lower than expected. Since the upcoming draft isn't gonna be fled with talent, it really was a steal for us. Have to give it to Morey

#293 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 283 posts
      • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

k love only has 2 years after this year b4 he can opt out early in his contract. the way he and minny have been getting along makes me believe he will opt out. which leaves minny 1 1/2 years to either make up with him or trade him.

well, my point was that trade proposal was ridiculous. 1 and half years after this season isnt really soon either.

#294 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 283 posts
      • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

That Memphis trade has Hollinger written all over it. He moved Gay and his love of the long two for a three and D Tayshaun Prince and an athletic 4 for the future. He also got his hands on Leuer who is supposed to be a destitute man's Ryan Anderson. Looks like Memphis has dedicated itself to floor spacing shooters and pounding the paint big men. If you throw in some pick and role with Conley... This looks like a better team by subtraction. Their D got better and their offense got better by taking their lowest percentage player off the floor... And I guess putting him on the floor in another country.

they are going to be deadly, now they can feed the ball to there 2 best players(gasol and randolph), and on the wing aside from tony allen every one is abovea 40% 3 point shooter

#295 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 211 posts
      • LocationIsrael

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Too bad the Rockets can't re-trade for Courtney Lee, according to Stein the Celtics will try to shed salary before the trade deadline and Lee seems like a good fit back in Houston. Not sure his value fits his contract though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trades, deadline, first round

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users