Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (21 June 2017 - 04:28 PM) Morey is locked in for four more years. Glad to have some stability at the helm after everything we've seen the last couple of weeks.
@  slick shoes : (16 June 2017 - 04:31 PM) It's a shame we don't have a first rounder this year. I did notice that the W's and the Cavs have 0 picks this year (not that they need them).
@  thejohnnygold : (16 June 2017 - 03:57 PM) Whoever picks him is going to be a happy camper
@  slick shoes : (16 June 2017 - 02:00 PM) De'Aaron Fox giving Bev a shout at the end of this piece
http://www.espn.com/...var-ball-chorus
@  slick shoes : (22 May 2017 - 05:25 PM) I can't decide if I want them to draft Ball or not.
@  thejohnnygold : (21 May 2017 - 02:50 PM) Don't worry...they'll find a way to screw it up.
@  slick shoes : (17 May 2017 - 03:52 PM) Is anyone else annoyed that the league reached out and helped the Lakers secure a top 3 pick to keep them from long term ruin?
@  Mario Peña : (13 May 2017 - 11:56 AM) It would appear James will take games off next year which is probably a good thing. Perhaps we will see some evolution from emphasis on regular season to being playoff ready both from a physical as well as a strategy standpoint.
@  rocketrick : (12 May 2017 - 05:26 AM) I personally will be rooting for the Spurs in their next matchup with Golden State in the Western Conference Finals
@  rocketrick : (12 May 2017 - 05:26 AM) Congratulations to the Spurs and Coach Pop. They completely destroyed the Rockets last night (understatement of the year)
@  DenverRocket : (12 May 2017 - 02:55 AM) Very disappointing end to an otherwise great season.
@  DenverRocket : (12 May 2017 - 01:10 AM) Stunningly bad. Out played, out coached and no one is stepping up :-(
@  slick shoes : (12 May 2017 - 01:07 AM) Well, it can't get any worse right?
@  slick shoes : (12 May 2017 - 12:35 AM) It's like Dekker has been waiting to play or something.
@  08huangj : (11 May 2017 - 12:08 PM) It is utterly baffling to me why MDA is not utilizing Dekker and Harrell. These two were integral to our dominant regular season bench!
@  DenverRocket : (10 May 2017 - 03:18 AM) Everything the TNT analysts said, I was screaming during OT. MDA blamed it on fatigue - no kidding sherlock, when you only use a 7 player rotation!
@  DenverRocket : (10 May 2017 - 03:17 AM) Sorely disappointed with that. Huge missed opportunity. I thought McHale was coaching again in overtime!
@  slick shoes : (10 May 2017 - 03:02 AM) No offensive scheme in overtime. No Parker, and no Leonard through all of overtime and you STILL can't close it out?!
@  thejohnnygold : (10 May 2017 - 02:57 AM) So much profanity in my home tonight...
@  Mario Peña : (08 May 2017 - 06:57 PM) Right Johnnygold! That was a good game!

Photo

Should the Rockets trade Jeremy Lin?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 wintee

wintee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

BLAKECOUEY

There's no reason to attempt to put words into my mouth. At no point have I said I hate Lin, also I'd love for him to be our point guard(although I think we could find a better fit). I would like for him to improve, whether it's by becoming a more efficient scorer, passer, or overall facilitator.
    A few questions I have for you, do you think Lin is fine the way he's been? Do you believe he's earned/earning his contract by his current play? Do you think Lin is better than Harden?(this is a real question, based on your prior responses it warrants asking).

I answer for you,..do u think lin is fine the way he been?? YES, if the rockets let j-lin plays his natural role back...Do you believe he's earned/earning his contract by his current play? YES, when rocket aquirred lin, rocket need lin to do all the intangable, assist ,steal,rebound and ect, rockets org. said they have enough scorer already, and he does a fine job at his requirment so far....

Do you think Lin is better than Harden? NO.we all know who is better now in scoring the points, but j-lin does all the other thing better than harden. We know who is better NOW, but in couple more years, who know, j-lin might be better than harden. BOTH ARE VERY SMART PLAYERS. BOTH HAVE QUALITY TO BE A SUPERSTAR.

#62 DaDakota

DaDakota

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 169 posts
    • LocationAustin

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I am not sure if Newbie is serious but he is humorous.

#63 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
    • 1,626 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Welcome to the forum, I guess.

#64 Jlin787

Jlin787

• Members
      • Pip
      • 9 posts
      • LocationHouston

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

The Rockets shouldn't trade Jeremy Lin. He's starting to get his game back and if we did trade him, there is a small chance that we will get a solid point guard in return. I would give him a full season before making a decision like that.

#65 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,309 posts
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

Yeah, I think the calls to trade Lin were probably just a kneejerk reaction to some bad games. Every player getting rotation minutes with the Rockets so far has had a slump of sorts - it's inevitable in such a long season and with such a young team. Got to learn to withhold judgement until you've seen both the good and the bad, as well as the frequency the two occur in. I mean, think about all the 'we need a backup PG!' chat that was going on after Douglas' miserable start to the season. Well now he's now our leading three point shooter...

ST

#66 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,299 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

blakecousey: make no mistake unless the top says rockets best fan it's not me talking :lol: as for your questions, j lin is a nice filler for now. my reservation in trading him would be who is going to replace him? unless we are getting a top point guard ie chirs paul or someone like that it would be stupid. we still need someome to play PG. lin is not an alstar talent wise, but he is a capable fill in. do we need to consider an upgrade at that position.......YES, but we can't just bring in anybody. j lin can help this team and if he learns how to cut the turnovers can really help this team. we can't have stars at every position. would I trade him? only if we are upgrading.

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#67 kjunfood

kjunfood

• Members
      • Pip
      • 8 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Are these comments discounting Lin's recent few games? Yes, small sample, but since Lin seems to only be judged on small sample chunks of games anyways, I would just like to point out that over the last 4 games, he's averaging 18.8 pts (on about 12 shots every game, w/ 15 shots against NYK), 9 assists, and only 2.3 TOs (which has been better than his season avg thus far, and in an unfair comparison, almost the same as CP3's 2.1). In fact, due to the lower usage rate by Lin, hasn't his TOs this season already been much lower than last year's?

#68 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
        • 1,626 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

blakecousey: make no mistake unless the top says rockets best fan it's not me talking :lol: as for your questions, j lin is a nice filler for now. my reservation in trading him would be who is going to replace him? unless we are getting a top point guard ie chirs paul or someone like that it would be stupid. we still need someome to play PG. lin is not an alstar talent wise, but he is a capable fill in. do we need to consider an upgrade at that position.......YES, but we can't just bring in anybody. j lin can help this team and if he learns how to cut the turnovers can really help this team. we can't have stars at every position. would I trade him? only if we are upgrading.

The questions were for Rocketrick, not for you, but ok lol.

#69 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
          • 4,858 posts
          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

OK, if we're going to bring Chris Paul into this we gotta bring his wingmen too. CP3's passes would clang off of Asik's hands just like Lin's do. Conversely, Blake Griffin and D'Andre Jordan would boost Lin's conversion rate on assists. To me, this comparison isn't useful.

Now, as I've already said, I think Lin deserves at least a two year look before a trade. However, what would we trade him for? We would need a point guard in return so it has to be a three team deal because obviously the team trading for Lin does not have a good one. What team gives out quality point guards like they're candy???? Oh, wait...the Rockets do....

I see a lot of potential in this kid....I think everyone will look back on this thread one day and laugh at the thought of trading him.

#70 Jacob

Jacob

• Members
          • Pip
          • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

No, they shouldn't. Read this: http://www.dethurmon...in-rolling.html

#71 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
            • 4,858 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

No, they shouldn't. Read this: http://www.dethurmon...in-rolling.html

Posted Image

#72 AllanM

AllanM

• Members
            • Pip
            • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hello -- long-time lurker, first time poster here.

Trade Jeremy Lin? No, unless you can bring in a young top point guard prospect. But I don't think Kyrie or Damian are available right now. And I don't think I'd pull the trigger on a Lin for Wall trade. I hear Kyle Lowry might be available... ;-)

Some perspective on the whole "Lin not playing well" issue -- I lived in Dallas from 1998 to 2003, and attended a ton of Mavs games. To this day, my sister still refers to Steve Nash as Boo Nash because of how Dallas fans mercilessly booed Steve Nash during games. Steve Nash!

The point guard position is a tough position to learn, and it generally takes great point guards 3-4 years of constantly playing to truly understand it (and yes, Kidd and Paul were exceptions here)...

So my point: give Lin some time -- this is the right time and team for him to learn this trade. Although we're sniffing at the playoffs right now, we're not near being a championship contender yet, and there's a lot of growth needed for everyone on this team (including Harden).

Trade Lin only if you can get a better point guard who is younger or at a similar point in their career, and one who has greater potential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users