Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

Should the Rockets try to trade for Demarcus Cousins?

Demarcus Cousins Rockets Trade Morey

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Paradise

Paradise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I really believe that the Rockets should make some moves and try to land Cousins. I think he's a fantastic ball player, with amazing potential. Yes he is rough around the edges, but I truly believe that with him, and Harden we can make a push to the next step, which is Championship contention.

After yesterday with him punching O.J. Mayo in the groin, and his various other stunts, I think that Morey can convince the Kings for a trade, possibly pushing out PPat, and another player.

What do you guys think of this?

#2 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 393 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

No. He is venom. There is not one troubled person on our team excluding Royce which has no relevance anyway. I know you're down with the Kentucky... why can't ppat suffice for you!?

WHERE IS ROYCE WHITE!?

#3 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
      • 1,564 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I agree with your points that he can be a very good player, but adding a bad influence/questionable character guy to a young team could be detrimental to the future of our club.
        I would rather see us wait closer to the deadline and see where we're at. If it looks like we're in the hunt, make a move for an established guy. If we're out of it or the path looks rough, I'd be excited to see us trade someone for a good lottery chance.

#4 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

No he's to unstable to give up what sac would want for him, I'd rather go for Evans if we getting someone from the kings.

#5 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 216 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Honestly I see PPat as the only guy who has a chance to get through to Cousins on our roster. I know Blatche is having a breakout season, but he had already hit rock bottom in Washington. I don't think Boogie has gotten there yet.

#6 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,123 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

if the rockets can get cousins without giving up harden,asik,jones or monte it would be a steal. even if you don't like the head games you gotta admit the kid has allstar talent at a weak position in the league. I believe we can handle him better than the kings. cousins+harden can be special and if we can include white in the deal that (IMO) is a blockbuster.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#7 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 283 posts
            • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

i honestly think a lot of cousions problems are also caused by how horrible the kings are run, that franchise is a trainwreck. With a good organization and good role models around him he could do amazing things, he is a rare talent.

#8 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 338 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Cousins does have a world of talent...but he is far,far from having the remotest idea of what maturity and professionalism are.
              The second time Cousins doesn't even bother to so much as jog back on D,McHale would yank his butt and bench him for eternity.
              Cousins is going to take YEARS before he comes close to having a clue-if it ever happens. It'll probably happen on his third team.

But of more immediate import,the Kings have committed themselves to Cousins. They simply won't trade him. They've chosen Cousins over Tyreke and they aren't changing their minds anytime soon.

#9 Yosembok

Yosembok

• Members
              • Pip
              • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Kevin Love

#10 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,123 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

Kevin Love

while the rockets can't go wrong with cousins or love I prefer cousins. I think when he reaches his ceiling he can become possible top 5 in the league with the right coaching. and by the way welcome to the fourm :rolleyes:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#11 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 161 posts
                • LocationBronx, New York

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

woah, I'd take Kevin Love over Demarcus Cousins ANYDAY.

#12 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                • 2,303 posts
                • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

I agree with amacbrooks, Kevin Love over Demarcus Cousins. Though the chances of either of the players coming to the Rockets in the next few years is slim to nil.
                How sweet it is!

#13 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 214 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yes!!! If he doesn't work out and proves to be a really bad citizen, he's has a relatively short contract, so the risks are minimal and there is tremendous upside here.

#14 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                  • 4,128 posts
                  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Two words: Derrick Coleman

#15 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Yes!!! If he doesn't work out and proves to be a really bad citizen, he's has a relatively short contract, so the risks are minimal and there is tremendous upside here.

There would be risk because sac won't give him up for cheap

#16 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

There would be risk because sac won't give him up for cheap

#17 Yosembok

Yosembok

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Just watched Cousins against the Warriors, he is just so immature. He got called for a block and he imitates the refmaking the call. Luckliy for him,he didn't get a T as healready had 5 fouls. Too emotionally immature that could blow at any time andcst you the game. No thank you, he isn't worth the headaches.

#18 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 4,123 posts
                        • Locationhouston

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I agree cousins is immature, but I believe the rockets can turn this guy. their is no questioning his talent. the guy is an oversized kid who needs to grow up. he's not a bad kid he just need someone to channel and focus his attention and energy on polishing his game. I think the rockets are the right team to pull that out of him. the kings front office is a mess and there is no leadership in the locker room. that's a major part of the problem. the kings don't really want to trade him so I would be more worried about what they may want in return. I think their asking price may be to high.

#19 Yosembok

Yosembok

• Members
                        • Pip
                        • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

I agree cousins is immature, but I believe the rockets can turn this guy. their is no questioning his talent. the guy is an oversized kid who needs to grow up. he's not a bad kid he just need someone to channel and focus his attention and energy on polishing his game. I think the rockets are the right team to pull that out of him. the kings front office is a mess and there is no leadership in the locker room. that's a major part of the problem. the kings don't really want to trade him so I would be more worried about what they may want in return. I think their asking price may be to high.

Haven't seen if McHale s tough enough to handle someone like Cousins. Someone like Mike Woodson who would get in his grill and bench him for multiple games is what he needs. He is going to eat any coach that's soft and doesn't have owner's support, but, like you said he has world of talent and some of the best hands I've seen. Unfortunately, his brain is light years behind his talent. Maybe he needs to get cut like Blatche before he straightens out.

#20 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
                          • 1,415 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

New post: Sacramento Kings suspend forward DeMarcus Cousins indefinitely

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demarcus Cousins, Rockets, Trade, Morey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users