Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thejohnnygold : (24 July 2019 - 04:30 PM) The McLemore/Bennett pick-n-roll will be unstoppable :)
@  slick shoes : (23 July 2019 - 03:04 PM) McLemore is an interesting add. Apparently we are gathering all of the first round flops of the past few years
@  Mario Peña : (12 July 2019 - 03:06 AM) WHOA.
@  slick shoes : (08 July 2019 - 09:16 PM) I would have to assume that to bring in Russ we'd have to ship out CP. I don't see it working any other way.
@  thejohnnygold : (08 July 2019 - 08:45 PM) The money makes it virtually impossible...I wouldn't worry. I have to admit I find the idea of having Paul, Harden, and Westbrook on the floor together intriguing.
@  slick shoes : (08 July 2019 - 02:51 PM) im going to go ahead and pass on any westbrook to houston deals. iso hell.
@  slick shoes : (30 June 2019 - 11:43 PM) trevor ariza has absolutely zero interest in returning to houston lol
@  slick shoes : (28 June 2019 - 08:16 PM) Id rather lose EG or Clint than PJ and ONLY if were getting Jimmy. Sounds like we have a trade partner for Clint if Jimmy isnt using us for leverage for his 5 year max offer.
@  thejohnnygold : (26 June 2019 - 11:33 PM) Do y'all think if we all tweet at Morey to NOT trade PJ he'd listen?
@  slick shoes : (21 June 2019 - 01:20 AM) ....and the new uniforms are trash.
@  thejohnnygold : (15 June 2019 - 02:05 PM) Agreed. Although, the injury narrative will probably keep them chirping.
@  slick shoes : (14 June 2019 - 02:40 PM) SO glad all of the Warriors fanboys can crawl back into their respective holes for an entire year. Good for Toronto/Canada as well.
@  thejohnnygold : (05 June 2019 - 07:33 PM) I think so.
@  slick shoes : (04 June 2019 - 07:20 PM) Dame and CJ #2 I assume?
@  thejohnnygold : (30 May 2019 - 05:42 PM) 3rd best backcourt in the NBA!!!
@  slick shoes : (29 May 2019 - 09:04 PM) im sure hed be great alongside jrue holiday and no one else. 100% iso ball all the time.
@  thejohnnygold : (29 May 2019 - 06:46 PM) Anthony Davis + the #1 pick?
@  slick shoes : (29 May 2019 - 05:39 PM) shopping the entire team including james. what is the point if you trade our best player away? what could we possibly get in return that is equal value of james harden?
@  slick shoes : (11 May 2019 - 02:07 AM) turnovers and missed free throws the theme of the game thus far. throwing away endless points.
@  thejohnnygold : (09 May 2019 - 01:35 PM) I wish we had found a way to steal that game...it was there for the taking.

Photo

Rockets 2018-19 Roster

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 slick shoes

slick shoes

Naysayer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:53 PM

While I do not disagree with your statement, I am not certain it applies to these two instances.

Indiana has a good thing going up there and Matthews has been around (and made some serious $) for a while.  Maybe he just looks at the West and thinks it's all about the Warriors and prefers the East where he has a legitimate shot to reach the Finals (I don't think Indy gets there without Oladipo, but when healthy they're very good).  Maybe they promised him lots of minutes?

Ellington signing with Detroit makes (almost) ZERO sense.  Maybe they promised him lots of minutes too?  I don't know.  I wouldn't go near Detroit right now if I were playing (and had options).

Back to Tilman...I agree it is inevitable that, over time, his tight purse strings will affect the franchise negatively (and maybe already has).  I always assumed that Les let Morey do his job without much hindrance (aside from not allowing him to tank).  It's part of why you hire a guy like Morey and pay him lots of money--to be smarter than you.  I mean, what's the point if you are just going to undermine them with your own opinions/agenda?  Seems like a lot of money to pay for a "fall guy" to fire when things go wrong.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit irritated with management right now. 

I don't think the answer to all of our problems was out there at the deadline this year. Perhaps we didn't really help our current situation but we also didn't throw a bunch of money away on a one-year rental (The Process) while maintaining our flexibility for a stacked offseason this summer. I don't think Shump makes us a contender himself but I do see him filling a similar role to Luc or Trevor from last year. Has played with the current GOAT (i hate this debate) and has seen first hand what it takes to get to the top.

I'll be miffed with management if we sit on our hands this July trying to stay below the threshold. 

Edited by slick shoes, 11 February 2019 - 05:53 PM.

when you win two games in a row that's called a winning streak.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#102 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,157 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:19 PM

Sorry for spamming the board...I just read the article from The Atlantic which says everything is fine in H-Town.  Further, they are also convinced that Morris is a top target and that he would be a great addition.  Please.  Anyone...take the time to look at his stats and convince me he's not over-rated.  He's an over-rated scorer, rebounder, defender, and NBA player in general.  He is not a floor spacer and has only mustered NBA average 3-pt. shooting twice in his career.  He is consistently worse from the corners.

He is an average NBA player whose notoriety as a twin has elevated his public perception.  In reality, he is a bruiser who is allowed to jack mid-range post ups, inefficiently, while rebounding poorly for a man his size.  Heck, basketball-reference grades him out at the Adam Keefe/Bison Dele Level.  Ouch!  

About the only thing he brings to the table is I think he could probably take Draymond straight up in a fight.  This might actually be useful.

Meanwhile, Morey drafted the correct Morris, was impatient, traded him for a 2nd rounder (Isaiah Canaan), and now is scrambling to replace him.  Do you know where Basketball-Reference grades out Marcus Morris?  A slightly better P.J. Tucker.  Imagine that.

You all will have to excuse me if I'm not thrilled about Shumpert either.  Eh, I'm probably still grumpy about the loss to OKC on Saturday.

#103 Losthief

Losthief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:59 AM

I agree on the lesser morris twin for sure with you.

My issue is we had interest in wes matthews, and he was more interested in an injured Indiana team which is what 4th best in east at health?

Could be a one off thing, he just likes nap town, or dislikes us...but we will see going forward.

Toronto, Bucks, Philly then Olidapo's Indiana?

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#104 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,157 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:34 PM

I agree on the lesser morris twin for sure with you.

My issue is we had interest in wes matthews, and he was more interested in an injured Indiana team which is what 4th best in east at health?

Could be a one off thing, he just likes nap town, or dislikes us...but we will see going forward.

Toronto, Bucks, Philly then Olidapo's Indiana?

It is unfortunate.  Hard to say what factored into his decision, but I did notice he's getting 30 minutes per game.  I doubt he would get more than 15-20 here.

I like what Indiana is doing.  I think there is a good chance they try to flip Myles Turner this Summer; although, that may prove foolish if they do.  He's still very young, on a good contract, and some of his efficiency numbers are eye-popping.  Still, the numbers indicate that they are better with Sabonis, Turner, and Bogdanovic.  

Matthews is 32 and is likely auditioning for his last chance at a large contract.  The 30 mpg he's getting with Indy is the best chance to showcase that he's worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users