Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (25 January 2016 - 04:58 PM) it wasn't even close. It helped for sure that the shots were falling (if those 3s weren't falling, would we have gotten all mopey?) but man that was a great quarter.
@  Sir Thursday : (24 January 2016 - 11:22 PM) Easily the most fun I've had watching a Rockets game this year :).
@  Sir Thursday : (24 January 2016 - 11:21 PM) Oh man, that 4th quarter was special
@  thejohnnygold : (24 January 2016 - 10:35 PM) Amazing the difference Josh Smith is making on both ends of the floor.
@  Sir Thursday : (23 January 2016 - 03:42 AM) Majik - he's on the veteran's minimum so you're allowed to sign him no matter what your cap situation is.
@  Cooper : (22 January 2016 - 10:00 PM) Good to have Smith back, Blatt would be interesting, firing him makes no sense unless Bron wanted him out.
@  majik19 : (22 January 2016 - 09:23 PM) so... anyone interested in Eric Blatt? I am SHOCKED they fired him.
@  thejohnnygold : (22 January 2016 - 08:02 PM) @Mario--that is a funny thought. Smith and Howard's friendship is important and may help reinvigorate the entire team. I'm pretty excited about this.
@  Mario Peña : (22 January 2016 - 07:15 PM) Glad to see Smith back, the Rockets needed an irrational confidence frontline guy. Could we see a Josh Smith trickle down effect to Harden on defense, Brew everywhere and others. Kind of crazy to think that Smith is a glue guy for this team.
@  majik19 : (22 January 2016 - 05:28 PM) on a general note, I'm really glad he's back given all of our injuries right now - Motie, Dwight, and Harrell all unlikely (or worse) to play tonight
@  majik19 : (22 January 2016 - 05:14 PM) Can someone help me understand how this works with the cap? I thought we were hard capped.
@  txtdo1411 : (22 January 2016 - 03:48 PM) Oh I agree, I wanted Josh back before this season (admittedly I didn't think it hurt/helped much either way), but there is a definite "bad" Josh side of him that can be painful to watch. Just like how the Rockets can look so good one minute, and so bad the next. Josh fits in perfectly. I will say, the things he does well consistently, defense and rebounding, are two huge areas of need right now.
@  Sir Thursday : (22 January 2016 - 03:43 PM) Nah, come on, JSmoove was actually pretty consistent for us towards the end of last year.
@  txtdo1411 : (22 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) In all seriousness though, he should be a net positive like he was last year. Especially with the injuries to D-Mo and Dwight.
@  txtdo1411 : (22 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) If the Rox weren't already volatile enough, they just added the most volatile guy in the league.
@  Sir Thursday : (22 January 2016 - 03:32 PM) (Plus it means we don't have to rely on the TJ the Mercurial)
@  Sir Thursday : (22 January 2016 - 03:32 PM) Cool! He'll be useful. We needed someone who knows what their doing defending pick-and-roll coverage.
@  thenit : (22 January 2016 - 03:29 PM) Sooooo we got Josh back
@  thenit : (21 January 2016 - 07:50 AM) 2nd worse on +- rating on the team .
@  majik19 : (21 January 2016 - 04:10 AM) amazing that Harden can have a 33/17/14 line and still be -11. Also, that he can have that line - and we lose.

Photo

2015 Offseason

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#1 Davealicious

Davealicious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

Long-time lurker, been years since posting.  Good to be back with something fun to talk about.  

At times this version of the Rockets was breathtakingly exciting, and others, they were breath-suckingly deflating.  I've gone back and forth this playoff season, wanting to keep this roster and then a game later blowing it up, and trying to put it all together in terms of who we might bring back or lose this offseason.  I've heard bits and pieces of the list, but does anyone have a definitive list of the Rockets' restricted/unrestricted free agents, and players with non-guaranteed contracts for next season?  

Time to start playing armchair Morey!

#2 majik19

majik19

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 366 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

Resign Terry, let everyone else without a contract go. As much as I like Brewer, he'll probably be too expensive to keep. Beverly was fun while it lasted, but his offensive game deteriorated this year and his defense suffered some too. 

Trade Jones, a 1st, and whatever we need to make the contracts right for Ty Lawson. He'll take pressure off of Harden, drive into the teeth of the defense, play decent defense himself, and be a terror in transition. 

If we keep our 1st, draft Tyus Jones - he's a leader, he's a winner, and advanced metrics love him. 

One interesting question - does Nick Johnson have a future with this team? I love his tenacity on defense, but will he ever shoot well enough to make an impact? 

Free agents to consider (we probably can't afford any of them):

Paul Millsap 

Thad Young (may be affordable, but questionable fit)

Jeff Green 

Goran Dragic (also not positive on the fit)

Omer Asik (kidding!)

Wes Matthews (I think he'd be great on the team, but is redundant with Ariza... we'd probably have to trot out lineups with Harden at PG frequently). 

Aaron Afflalo (similar comment to Matthews, would be cheaper, don't feel quite as bad with him coming off the bench). 

#3 majik19

majik19

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 366 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

Also, per ESPN.com, here are our free agents for 2015 and 2016:

HOUSTON ROCKETS

2015 Free Agents

Restricted
        Patrick Beverley
        K.J. McDaniels

Unrestricted
        Corey Brewer
        Josh Smith
        Jason Terry

2016 Free Agents

Restricted
        Terrence Jones
        Donatas Motiejunas
        Kostas Papanikolaou

Unrestricted
        Joey Dorsey
        Dwight Howard (ETO)
        Pablo Prigioni

Edited by majik19, 28 May 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#4 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

Jet will likely be back at a slight pay cut, to me they might as well keep brewer (did we get him soon enough for bird rights?) and Bev especially if bev is willing to be the 3rd guard since no meaningful cap space. Use the mid level free agent market to fill pf, West, Johnson and Bass come to mind, or guard afflalo, crowder dunleavy, stuckey, etc plenty of guys to choose from. Then draft  most mocks have guys like Jerian Grant, Kelly oubre, kaminsky, montrez harrel and delon wright in range would be pretty happy with any if the pick is kept. or trade to get whichever is unfilled.

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,179 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:31 AM

resign Terry? I don't think so. Josh is probably toast as well. the only ones I foresee the Rockets resigning are Bev and Brew.........maybe McDaniels. Papa gets cut. so does Prigioni and Dorsey. the Rockets will likely trade for a PG in addition to drafting one

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#6 majik19

majik19

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 366 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:15 AM

Can't post the full article because it's Insider but this is Kevin Pelton's ideal offseason for us:

Love decides to reunite with Rockets coach Kevin McHale, who originally drafted him in Minnesota, to give Houston another shot creator on offense. After completing a sign-and-trade, the Rockets re-sign Beverley to a three-year, $15 million deal, and also bring back Brewer and draft Cameron Payne with the first-round pick they acquired from the New Orleans Pelicans last summer for Omer Asik. Smith takes a discount to re-sign for one year using non-Bird rights, allowing Houston to use the mid-level exception to re-sign McDaniels to compete with Brewer to start at small forward.

#7 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 178 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:42 AM

I think both Smith and Terry have a good chance of taking slight paycuts to stay. Literally every Smith interview I've seen/read has him bringing up the good situation in Houston, explicitly mentioning McHale, Dwight, and the rest of the team. And I think Terry knows he's got maybe one good year left; don't know if he'd want to hop to his 5th team in four years to end his career.

Brewer will unfortunately probably be too expensive, though I'd love him back. And Majik, I'm torn about Lawson. He usually fights on D, but he's a net-negative on that end, mostly due to his size. But then again, I still think our biggest need is a second handler/creator on offense. So he'd definitely help there.

I haven't wrapped my head around this year's group of FAs in the NBA, so I have no original ideas at the moment... haha. Other than the ultimate pipe dream: LaMarcus Aldridge......... it's okay, Morey could make the numbers work....... somehow........ pls.....

#8 Davealicious

Davealicious

• Members
              • Pip
              • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

What's Capela's status?  I thought he showed big steps, strong finishing, as the season progressed.  

I think my final verdict is that I'd like to bring back most of this team, if the price is right.  I could see Terry and Smith (more likely the first than the second) taking cuts to stay, but not so certain about Brewer.  I'd love to see him stay, but I agree that he may be more expensive than we can handle.  

I could see signing/trading for a PG and drafting one to develop.  Would have loved to see what kind of damage D-Mo could have done in the playoffs, but "what-if" isn't going to restart our season.  

If Morey is truly starting to value team chemistry, then it'll be an interesting off-season for sure.  Prigs, Dorsey, and possibly Jones are probably the ones I'd be most ready to see gone.   But Morey's the GM, and not me, so we'll see how the offseason goes! 

#9 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 178 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

What's Capela's status?  I thought he showed big steps, strong finishing, as the season progressed.

For his age, I also really liked most of what I saw. He's a good shot blocker, but he's not big enough to keep guys from backing him down all the way to the hoop. If he bulked up a bit and maintained his springiness, I think he could be pretty valuable.

EDIT: Oh, also I thought he did a lot of smart, little things - whether they were little passes, or whatnot, I just remember being impressed with his attentiveness to the little things on both ends, something pretty special for his age.

Edited by cointurtlemoose, 29 May 2015 - 07:35 PM.

#10 majik19

majik19

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 366 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

For his age, I also really liked most of what I saw. He's a good shot blocker, but he's not big enough to keep guys from backing him down all the way to the hoop. If he bulked up a bit and maintained his springiness, I think he could be pretty valuable.

EDIT: Oh, also I thought he did a lot of smart, little things - whether they were little passes, or whatnot, I just remember being impressed with his attentiveness to the little things on both ends, something pretty special for his age.

Capela may be one of our more valuable assets in the offseason - a raw, young center who definitely shows some ability off the pick and roll and defensively. I hope we hold on to him - I'd like to see Dwight play no more than 30 mpg next year with Capela filling in the rest at center. 

#11 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 4,179 posts
                    • Locationhouston

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:26 AM

Capela may be one of our more valuable assets in the offseason - a raw, young center who definitely shows some ability off the pick and roll and defensively. I hope we hold on to him - I'd like to see Dwight play no more than 30 mpg next year with Capela filling in the rest at center. 

agree totally. I see some nice potential there. I think there is no doubt we will keep him since his contract is starting to look like a bargain ;) unless he is a necessary piece in a blockbuster trade he likely will wear a Rocket jersey next year.

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#12 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
                    • PipPip
                    • 63 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

Also agree. Capela has to be our backup center, dwight can't play more that 30 mpg during the regular season. Also, due to the cap figure of Kostas Papanikoalou, I'm not seeing him in a Rockets uniform next season. Maybe with another NBA team since he showed some promise when he played this season. Regarding the main core, I'm thinking that brewer is going to be too expensive. Smith, terry want to be back I think, since they are veterans and they don't have much better oportunities out there than the Rockets to compete for a ring. Jones is a question mark right now. We need a PG/SG with ball handling skills like mentioned, and we'll be pursuing some of the marquee PF's, though I'm not optimistic on that front. We'll see what they do.

#13 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 478 posts
                      • LocationHouston

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

disregard, forget he waived it in the trade (brewer's player option).

Edited by Losthief, 31 May 2015 - 04:07 PM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#14 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 4,179 posts
                      • Locationhouston

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

disregard, forget he waived it in the trade (brewer's player option).

when I watched his exit interview his said he had not yet made a decision regarding his option

#15 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 478 posts
                      • LocationHouston

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

when I watched his exit interview his said he had not yet made a decision regarding his option

interesting...i remember reading he waived it as part of the trade...(also he shows as waived on contract details on: http://www.spotrac.c...s/corey-brewer/ )

Edited by Losthief, 31 May 2015 - 04:34 PM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#16 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 178 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

Does anyone know the status of Sergio Llull??? Wasn't there a rumor or a soundbite a couple months ago that suggested he might be coming over this summer? Seems like a quite apt question, seeing as though the backcourt is probably the main focus of the offseason.

EDIT: Oh, never mind... just saw Lostheif's post in another thread, saying he heard Llull had recently expressed his desire to stay in Europe.

Edited by cointurtlemoose, 31 May 2015 - 09:44 PM.

#17 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                        • 1,602 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:31 AM

My hopes:

Resign Terry.  He's a solid 3 point threat, and if we can keep it to just that(not having to start would help) then I'd love to see him back, his energy and ability to get the crowd going during games really seems to help the team(and makes it more fun at the games).  You won't find a much better veteran leader that is willing to take a back seat on court.  

Resign Josh Smith.  He shouldn't have a problem taking a fairly cheap contract from us, because Detroit is still paying him from his release if I remember correctly.  If he passes the savings along to us(again), then he can remain in a good situation where he can likely start next season(unless he'd rather lead the 2nd unit again...which is ideal in my opinion).  Also, for as long as Morey had wanted Josh, I don't see him just letting him walk.  He showed improvement on our team over what he did with the Pistons, so there should be hope that he can still be the guy Morey craved.

Resign Brewer.  The NBA salary cap is supposed to increase quite a bit this year(from 67.1m to 89m), and even more next, so we shouldn't have a problem resigning him.  He's been in the league 8 years and played for 4 teams, he's not some hugely coveted player, although I would hate to see him leave.  He shoots a career 43% FG, 29% 3PT, and 70% FT, despite his ability int he fast break, and his solid defense, sadly he's the one I'd be able to handle letting go between he and JSmith.  

T Jones....So many different options with him.  Personally I'd like to trade him, wrap him up with Papanikalou and take what we can get.  I don't think we've got enough assets to trade for a true star this offseason(unless we package the Pels pick), so basically anything we get back that has two arms and legs works for me. Keeping him wouldn't be a letdown though.

KJ McDaniels.  I wish this kid got a chance.  The only way we can keep him around would be if we let Brewer walk, otherwise he'd just be warming the bench again, they do basically the same things, only KJ is younger and is undoubtedly cheaper.

Beverley.  If he's the 3rd guard I'd love to have him on my team, if he's the starting PG for the season I think we've got to be worried.

Capela.  I imagine there is a good chance he gets throw in on an unexpected trade that Morey finds a way to pull off...

Dorsey.  Waive him.

FA's/Trade Targets:

Lawson would be my #1 target.  We all saw numerous times this season/postseason where Harden differed to other guys.  Whether that was because he wanted to "get them going" or because he was EXHAUSTED we will never know, but at least if we've got a guy like Lawson we can feel confident that there is another creator out there.  He's reportedly not happy in Denver, and he's been mentioned as being shopped numerous times the last couple years, maybe it's finally time for a split.  They need a PF, we have Jones to give them, more will be needed for salaries, but that's easily figured by Morey.  

Brandon Jennings.  I'm expecting Detroit to let him walk, since they went and took Reggie Jackson.

Brandon Knight.  We won't be able to pry him from the Suns since they sent a pick to Milwaukee to get him, but that doesn't mean we cant throw an offer his way and force a match like we did to Memphis and Marc Gasol years ago(which worked out great with them having to drop salary a few years ago).

Tyson Chandler/Kosta Koufos.  I dont know if either are willing to come off the bench, Koufos may finally get a chance to start if he leaves Memphis, and Chandler may think he's still starter quality(probably is on certain teams).  These would be my targets for a backup 5 if Capela were involved in trade.

I don't see a chance for us to get Love, and I think just about everyone finally realizes Rondo isn't a solution, he's a new problem.

#18 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • 4,179 posts
                          • Locationhouston

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:58 AM

My hopes:

Resign Terry.  He's a solid 3 point threat, and if we can keep it to just that(not having to start would help) then I'd love to see him back, his energy and ability to get the crowd going during games really seems to help the team(and makes it more fun at the games).  You won't find a much better veteran leader that is willing to take a back seat on court.  

Resign Josh Smith.  He shouldn't have a problem taking a fairly cheap contract from us, because Detroit is still paying him from his release if I remember correctly.  If he passes the savings along to us(again), then he can remain in a good situation where he can likely start next season(unless he'd rather lead the 2nd unit again...which is ideal in my opinion).  Also, for as long as Morey had wanted Josh, I don't see him just letting him walk.  He showed improvement on our team over what he did with the Pistons, so there should be hope that he can still be the guy Morey craved.

Resign Brewer.  The NBA salary cap is supposed to increase quite a bit this year(from 67.1m to 89m), and even more next, so we shouldn't have a problem resigning him.  He's been in the league 8 years and played for 4 teams, he's not some hugely coveted player, although I would hate to see him leave.  He shoots a career 43% FG, 29% 3PT, and 70% FT, despite his ability int he fast break, and his solid defense, sadly he's the one I'd be able to handle letting go between he and JSmith.  

T Jones....So many different options with him.  Personally I'd like to trade him, wrap him up with Papanikalou and take what we can get.  I don't think we've got enough assets to trade for a true star this offseason(unless we package the Pels pick), so basically anything we get back that has two arms and legs works for me. Keeping him wouldn't be a letdown though.

KJ McDaniels.  I wish this kid got a chance.  The only way we can keep him around would be if we let Brewer walk, otherwise he'd just be warming the bench again, they do basically the same things, only KJ is younger and is undoubtedly cheaper.

Beverley.  If he's the 3rd guard I'd love to have him on my team, if he's the starting PG for the season I think we've got to be worried.

Capela.  I imagine there is a good chance he gets throw in on an unexpected trade that Morey finds a way to pull off...

Dorsey.  Waive him.

FA's/Trade Targets:

Lawson would be my #1 target.  We all saw numerous times this season/postseason where Harden differed to other guys.  Whether that was because he wanted to "get them going" or because he was EXHAUSTED we will never know, but at least if we've got a guy like Lawson we can feel confident that there is another creator out there.  He's reportedly not happy in Denver, and he's been mentioned as being shopped numerous times the last couple years, maybe it's finally time for a split.  They need a PF, we have Jones to give them, more will be needed for salaries, but that's easily figured by Morey.  

Brandon Jennings.  I'm expecting Detroit to let him walk, since they went and took Reggie Jackson.

Brandon Knight.  We won't be able to pry him from the Suns since they sent a pick to Milwaukee to get him, but that doesn't mean we cant throw an offer his way and force a match like we did to Memphis and Marc Gasol years ago(which worked out great with them having to drop salary a few years ago).

Tyson Chandler/Kosta Koufos.  I dont know if either are willing to come off the bench, Koufos may finally get a chance to start if he leaves Memphis, and Chandler may think he's still starter quality(probably is on certain teams).  These would be my targets for a backup 5 if Capela were involved in trade.

I don't see a chance for us to get Love, and I think just about everyone finally realizes Rondo isn't a solution, he's a new problem.

so just like that you're gonna drop the mother load on us :lol: while I can see your reasoning on each of your points I disagree with how I would handle the team going forward.

1. let Terry walk unless he will sign a minimum deal

2. resign Brew. in my mind he has proven his value to this team

3. the salary cap isn't going to jump massively until next year. the figures the NBA has released are around 68 mil. the Rockets will have some money to spend depending on how they handle some of their free agents, however not the kind you' re talking about just yet.

4. I would let Josh Smith walk. while he did provide a big boost to us this year even with a discount he ain't gonna be cheap. I think we can get better value from T. Jones, D-Mo and Capela. each has something different they bring to the table. used properly they can handle PF and backup C. I don't think we are as weak at PF as most. with a better PG we will be able to better exploit the talents of this trio

5. I agree Dorsey needs to be waived unless needed to make salaries work within a trade package. he is TOTALLY USELESS

6. I agree Papa needs to be traded. while some seemed impressed with his play............I was not. he doesn't shoot well enough to provide what we need from a wing player

7.KJ McDaniels should be resigned. he's not going to be that expensive for us to get a better look at him

8. as for Bev..............resign him only if unable to upgrade the position via trade or draft prospect. he is not the answer there. Nick Johnson should be given a chance to see if he can fill backup PG. Bev shot 38% from the field last year. that just ain't gonna get it done in my book.

IMO we should start building next years roster from here

D-12

Harden

Ariza

T.  Jones

D-Mo

Capela

Brewer

N. Johnson

KJ McDaniels

while we won't have the money to offer anyone the max, we could have enough to attract what we need..........A PG

#19 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 218 posts
                          • LocationIsrael

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:47 AM

My hopes:

My hopes are almost perfectly aligned with yours. Capela should not be traded unless we get an all-star who fits perfectly, the kid's learning curve is amazing.

#20 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                          • 1,602 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:57 AM

so just like that you're gonna drop the mother load on us :lol: while I can see your reasoning on each of your points I disagree with how I would handle the team going forward.

1. let Terry walk unless he will sign a minimum deal

2. resign Brew. in my mind he has proven his value to this team

3. the salary cap isn't going to jump massively until next year. the figures the NBA has released are around 68 mil. the Rockets will have some money to spend depending on how they handle some of their free agents, however not the kind you' re talking about just yet.

4. I would let Josh Smith walk. while he did provide a big boost to us this year even with a discount he ain't gonna be cheap. I think we can get better value from T. Jones, D-Mo and Capela. each has something different they bring to the table. used properly they can handle PF and backup C. I don't think we are as weak at PF as most. with a better PG we will be able to better exploit the talents of this trio

5. I agree Dorsey needs to be waived unless needed to make salaries work within a trade package. he is TOTALLY USELESS

6. I agree Papa needs to be traded. while some seemed impressed with his play............I was not. he doesn't shoot well enough to provide what we need from a wing player

7.KJ McDaniels should be resigned. he's not going to be that expensive for us to get a better look at him

8. as for Bev..............resign him only if unable to upgrade the position via trade or draft prospect. he is not the answer there. Nick Johnson should be given a chance to see if he can fill backup PG. Bev shot 38% from the field last year. that just ain't gonna get it done in my book.

IMO we should start building next years roster from here

D-12

Harden

Ariza

T.  Jones

D-Mo

Capela

Brewer

N. Johnson

KJ McDaniels

while we won't have the money to offer anyone the max, we could have enough to attract what we need..........A PG

Ya unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to post very often anymore, figured I'd throw down a big post while I was able.

As for your points:

1.  I'd agree, but I'm uncertain that he would take the min.  Obviously hes got a limited value, that I'm sure Morey will decide and work with(otherwise he will just go find someone to fill the hole). There are plenty of replacement options that will be available after the season, from Cleveland alone there is James Jones and Mike Miller, and although he's surely more expensive there is JR Smith(I'm neither for not against him being on our team).

2.  As I mentioned before, I'm for this.

3. You are correct, I was mistaken.

4. I'd rather have Smith than Brewer, he's been a better talent for more of his career(I wouldn't say star, but he has been better...even with the BAD nights).  I'm in agreement that we aren't as weak at PF as most believe, but we're not above average either at this point in time-plenty of room for improvement.

5. I don't see how we can keep him, swap him with some cash for one of those Philadelphia 2nd rounders(they don't really need 6 picks in the draft do they? OK maybe they do).

6. I was impressed early in the season, after his injury I cringed every time he touched the ball.  He was either going to shoot it or turn it over, guaranteed.

7. He's got to be frustrated with how things turned out.  He was doing well in Philly, had the (unlucky?) cap figure to make a trade work, and only got off the bench when the game was already decided.  He's restricted, and his QO is cheap, but Morey has let guys go without even giving the QO before when he's trying to make a big move.  That said, I would like to see what he can do with some real playing time...I just believe it'll come while on another team.

8. The Bev situation is a mess.  On one hand I'd hate to see him leave, his energy and ability to irritate other teams is fun to watch, but on the other he is frustrating to our own team far too often.  Not sure what happens...I'm not in favor of Nick Johnson at this point, til he can reliably hit shots he's gonna be on the end of the bench.  Let's not count out the chance of seeing AB back again too!

I don't know that there is anyone I'd draft(that's likely available) at that position with the NO pick.  MAYBE Jerian Grant, but he's projected late 1st and I think there are several better players in other positions we'd be better off taking in that situation.

What's the odds of Murray St sending out two star PG's back to back(Lillard & Payne?). lol

RBF- What PG do you think we should be attempting to attract in FA?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users