Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Trade Brooks and call up Canaan

Isaiah Canaan Aaron Brooks trade Omer Asik point guard Vipers

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Chai

Chai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

Not sure why people want to package asik and Lin for an "elite" pg.

First of all, most elite pgs aren't available. The ones that may be available will likely have poor fit with the team (Rondo) or are simply not an upgrade (Lowry).

For those that believe otherwise, please pinpoint me to a pg that is attainable that is actually an upgrade over Lin.

#42 Chai

Chai

• Members
    • Pip
    • 47 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

Not sure why people want to package asik and Lin for an "elite" pg.

First of all, most elite pgs aren't available. The ones that may be available will likely have poor fit with the team (Rondo) or are simply not an upgrade (Lowry).

For those that believe otherwise, please pinpoint me to a pg that is attainable that is actually an upgrade over Lin.

#43 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,636 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

confuse jackie chan picture because I couldn't post it

Having Harden and Rondo try to share the ball.

#44 Chai

Chai

• Members
        • Pip
        • 47 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:57 AM

confuse jackie chan picture because I couldn't post it

Having Harden and Rondo try to share the ball.

Last time we had 2 ball dominant guards, one was relegated to spot up duties then to the second unit.... Just saying.

#45 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPip
          • 1,636 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:54 AM

At least lin can shoot, and doesn't have an ego.

#46 RollingWave

RollingWave

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 506 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:52 AM

i would have to say though, the Viper's context is completely crazy at this point, they're running the team like an actual NBA team while their opponents play like 13 individuals, which really mess with the context a bit.

We'll have our chances to see Canaan in the season in most likelihood given that Injuries will likely continue to happen. lets have some sample o him doing stuff in the NBA first.

#47 marbony81110

marbony81110

Rookie

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 71 posts
              • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

Rockets are set at point guard. They do not need another PG or an elite PG when you have Harden, Lin, or Parsons that can facilitate and score. Some teams need an elite PG like the Clippers, but the Rockets are not one of those teams.

What they do need is a back up center for when Asik is traded. Greg Smith is not a center. Neither is D-Mo. If they can't get something good for Asik, he is just going to have to suck it up and help this team win as a member of the second unit.

It would be amazing if the Rockets could trade Asik for another center that can play D and bring something to the table offensively with the second unit. That is Asik's only real weakness, but it is significant.

#48 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,636 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

How can you judge smith and demo yet when they are so young? They are both very talented.

#49 marbony81110

marbony81110

Rookie

• Members
                • PipPip
                • 71 posts
                • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'm not judging them. D-Mo and Smith are talented at PF, but they are not the solution for a back up Center. I like them both.

#50 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 1,636 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

They are PF/C

#51 Fury

Fury

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 27 posts
                  • LocationLee's Summit, MO

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

Rockets are set at point guard. They do not need another PG or an elite PG when you have Harden, Lin, or Parsons that can facilitate and score. Some teams need an elite PG like the Clippers, but the Rockets are not one of those teams.

What they do need is a back up center for when Asik is traded. Greg Smith is not a center. Neither is D-Mo. If they can't get something good for Asik, he is just going to have to suck it up and help this team win as a member of the second unit.

It would be amazing if the Rockets could trade Asik for another center that can play D and bring something to the table offensively with the second unit. That is Asik's only real weakness, but it is significant.

I would agree that we need to get a post player back in any deal, though I would hesitate to say that we need a C. We need a 3rd big who can theoretically cover either position, someone who can step into the starting lineup if need be. 

Along with this big, if we can't get a 3&D guy we need picks, picks, and more picks. Few teams can work the draft as well as Dork Elvis. OKC, IND, CHI, and GS are among those who can, but we're right up there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Isaiah Canaan, Aaron Brooks, trade, Omer Asik, point guard, Vipers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users