Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (11 May 2019 - 02:07 AM) turnovers and missed free throws the theme of the game thus far. throwing away endless points.
@  thejohnnygold : (09 May 2019 - 01:35 PM) I wish we had found a way to steal that game...it was there for the taking.
@  Mario Peña : (01 May 2019 - 04:09 AM) Is it me or does Capela look in over his head? Why is this happening now?
@  Mario Peña : (26 April 2019 - 09:14 PM) Imagine how much it ticks off Beverly, Harrell and Williams.
@  slick shoes : (25 April 2019 - 09:58 PM) Power move by the Rockets. We travel to Oakland ahead of their next game with the assumption that GSW wins. This gives LAC bulletin board material for the game.
@  thejohnnygold : (24 April 2019 - 01:47 PM) We needed to dust off Nene either way...I think that's the way to go.
@  Mario Peña : (23 April 2019 - 09:48 PM) I wonder if kicking the tires on Nene would be beneficial. Some Nene PNR and board crashing in short stints could help against Gobert/Favors.
@  slick shoes : (23 April 2019 - 09:26 PM) Going to have to dig deep tomorrow night with Clint limited. Will be curious to see how the coaching staff adjusts to their new formula. Perhaps driving in to Gobert and getting him in early foul trouble.
@  Mario Peña : (18 April 2019 - 03:41 PM) I agree slick.
@  slick shoes : (17 April 2019 - 01:02 PM) Boogie was their answer to our run in the WCF last year. When we cover all of their shooters they can dump it to Cousins who has a physical advantage over Clint and can also shoot the 3 which pulls him from the rim. They still have Bogut but this takes them back to the W's of last year which our team has shown to match up well against with full strength.
@  Mario Peña : (16 April 2019 - 08:50 PM) I think in a general sense you are correct Johnny. Getting specific to the Rockets though I think we have the personnel to wear Curry down defensively and offensively so for the Rockets could the exit of Cousins be a good thing? To me Cousins also presented a possible matchup wrinkle the Rockets have had to figure out, maybe?
@  thejohnnygold : (16 April 2019 - 04:47 PM) The Cousins injury is very interesting...Not sure if it helps or hurts them. My theory has always been the less Curry shoots the better it is for their opponent. This could lead to more Curry shooting :(
@  redfaithful : (16 April 2019 - 02:59 PM) Is it time to start the discussion which team is more dangerous as the Rockets 2nd round opponent? :D
@  slick shoes : (16 April 2019 - 12:58 PM) Nice win for the Rocke.... Clippers last night. Good to see Bev, Sweet Lou and Trez shining.
@  thejohnnygold : (13 April 2019 - 12:06 AM) I am very much looking forward to the playoffs. I like our chances.
@  thejohnnygold : (13 April 2019 - 12:05 AM) I agree 100%. Still, if that shot rims out...
@  DenverRocket : (12 April 2019 - 02:27 AM) I'd say the slow start was more to blame than a single 3-pointer (we shouldn't have allowed them to get into that position in the first place). Anyway, embrace the challenge I say- bring on the Jazz!
@  thejohnnygold : (11 April 2019 - 02:23 PM) It's hard to accept that one Paul George 3-pointer had that big of an effect on our postseason.
@  slick shoes : (10 April 2019 - 12:21 PM) boy, we really crapped the bed on that one.
@  redfaithful : (09 April 2019 - 09:40 AM) The potential 2nd round series against DEN just got a lot more interesting... https://twitter.com/...384573762760704

Photo

Dwight Howard Free Agency Watch

• Please log in to reply
574 replies to this topic

#541 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Amen, if anything this whole circus show has taught me is that I am more emotionally vested in this organization than is healthy for a sane individual.

^^^^

:lol: All in the game, yo, :D all in the game :lol:!

#542 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Possible bad turn of events. Stein is reporting sources are alluding to Utah agreeing to take on Jefferson and Biedriens.

#543 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Optimistically from a Houston point of view perhaps it's that Warriors last ditch effort to attempt to sway Howard.

#544 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,144 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Apparently this guy has flagged a private jet from aspen to houston that can be tracked here.  we live in a strange, fast world...

#545 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Dang Golden State has apparently shed the salaries of Biedrins and Jefferson by sending them to Utah according to Amick and Wojnarowski. And then Golden State has signed Iguadala to four year $48 Million deal.

Wojnarowski also says Golden State has bowed out of the Howard sweepstakes but I don't quite believe that.

Edit:

Wojnarowski now even says he is a bit premature to think Golden State is out of the Howard sweepstakes.

Edited by Dan G, 05 July 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#546 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,144 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Also seeing rumor about a possible Iguodala sign + trade for Golden State regardless of Dwight....who are these GM's that are willing to take the Warriors junk???     Confirmation of Iguodala trade.

#547 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,144 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

Ha--both Johnny-on-the-spots....better hope Iggy isn't trade bait for LA...

#548 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Ha--both Johnny-on-the-spots....better hope Iggy isn't trade bait for LA...

They couldn't trade Iggy to LA for quite some time after signing the contract. It is atleast a month and I'm thinking three months.

Edit:

Yep it is three months in Iggy's case. Denver could sign and trade him but the team receiving the signed player has to keep him a minimum of three months before being able to trade him.

Edited by Dan G, 05 July 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#549 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,144 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Good for them--they will definitely be a force this season in the Western conference. 

#550 Guest_Red94_*

Guest_Red94_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

New post: Dwight Howard Free Agency Watch: Part 15
By: rahat huq

You have to just follow me on Twitter at this point because things are moving too fast for static pages such as these to serve any utility.

@redninetyfour

To recap, basically the s*** hit the fan in the last hour with first, a tweet from a reporter from the OC register alleging that Howard would announce his decision via Twitter later in the day.  She then retracted that report a few minutes later, after half of the Internet had cited it.

Then Marc Stein said Houston was the frontrunner.

Then the Utah Jazz, inexplicably agreed to take back the contracts of Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedrins, apparently getting nothing of any value in return, leaving me to wonder if compromising photos were involved.  The Warriors then followed up that move by agreeing to terms with Andre Iguodala.  Shortly thereafter, Adrian Wojnarowski, widely regarded as the most reliable source in the business, tweeted that the signing put Denver out of the Howard race.  Rocket fan rejoiced while I warned that a S&T could still be possible.  Wojnarowski then, shortly after, recanted his statement, saying the Warriors "had tentacles everywhere."

And that's where we stand, unless something has changed while I've been typing this.  Howard's camp has yet to say anything.  The Rockets sit, with their team in tow, and the ability to offer a better financial situation than Golden State (due to the lack of state income tax in Texas.)  The Warriors, on the other hand, can now offer Andrew Bogut and either of (or both of) Harrison Barnes and Klay Thompson in a S&T to the Lakers for Howard.

For Howard now, it may just come down to a choice between a team featuring himself, Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, and David Lee vs. himself, Lin, Harden, Parsons, and childhood friend Josh Smith.  I don't know about you, but the former option seems better.  The one thing Houston can really tip its hat upon is that Golden State is the worst financial option for Howard.

What I personally am wondering right now is why Golden State would move to sign Iguodala so quickly, taking themselves out of the chance to sign Howard outright.  That makes me think they've heard nothing.  On the other hand, it could just mean that they have a sense that Howard signing could be contingent upon an Iguodala acquisition.

In the end, it comes down to a) what Howard wants and b) whether the Lakers will be willing to cooperate (with the Warriors.)

Again, if you're not following me on Twitter, just do that, because this thing is simply moving too fast for a blog.  I envy those of you who haven't been trying to follow this thing today.

#551 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Looks like Dwight Howard is a Rocket gentlemen.

#552 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Congrats all real Rocket fans on getting Howard if you are anything like me your jumping for joy a bit for the simple fact he chose to go here after a year ago saying he rufused to play here..very sad to here Asik doesn't want to stay..would love to have jsmoove a part of the team..I'm sure they are working the S&T now with either the Lakers or Atlanta to get him..no matter what it's a great day to be a Houston Fan!!!!😃

#553 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

I am also disappointed that sources are leaking that Asik wants out. They could have made a great duo.

#554 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

I love Omer but I think both LA or ATL would be a great fit for him.  Let Pau have the ball again and let the big defend and rebound.  Move Horford back to the 4 spot and give us Josh...

Does this mean we keep Lin?

#555 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

I pray we do keep Lin..everything I am hearing though is that it's both Lin and Asik..I really hope we can get smith here and keep Lin

#556 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Is that financially possible?

#557 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

HOW SWEET IT IS.....................I never doubted. I been saying it for months. I guess the old man does really know something about basketball. tonite we celebrate!!! just put my call in for a box of those sweet Cuban victory cigars :rolleyes:

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#558 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

I watched this news break on Twitter and it struck me just how profoundly unhealthy a medium that is for breaking news. There is no possible way for anyone to tell the whole story on there - it is a feature of the medium that everything comes out in confused dribs and drabs. It makes everyone involved look bad:

• Howard and entourage have not, as far as I can tell, done anything particularly egregious here, it's just that the ridiculously abbreviated timescales that the fast-breaking news world promote make it seem like he took an age to come to a decision. In reality, it seems perfectly reasonable for someone to take a few days to mull over an important life choice such as this one, and yet he is panned for being indecisive.
  • At certains points in this saga, the reporters covering the story started reporting contradictory information. Now they look bad because some of them put out stories that turned out to be false. But the reality is that if you've got dozens of people sniffing for a scoop, all of whom have to literally go straight from source to tweet for fear of being beaten to it, people are going to get things wrong.
  • People doing the twitter following start to feel entitled to news coming immediately. Outsized importance is attached to minor pieces of information, which distorts how events are viewed (like Howard phoning round everyone to tell them he wasn't signing with them - that's a perfectly reasonable way to go about things, but when every phone-call is immediately tweeted about suddenly it becomes a "Why is he holding us in suspense!?!?" type feeling).

ST

#559 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

On another note Royce got traded to Philly. Wow

#560 LMAOwais

LMAOwais

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHoustonish

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

@SirThursday I agree wholeheartedly regarding the social media aspect of how this played out. Twitter has turned journalism (sports or otherwise) into shit imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users